[Capture Challenge] People without people

But squatting really does make the pooping easier!! What a dilemma.

Sure, but maybe not squatting backwards in the diving position with your feet in the actual bowl while bouncing your crap off the seat and onto the floor. At least that’s my interpretation of scenario three.

I assumed it was just some ministry of magic thing

I mean you need to have control to execute that particular position.

1 Like

The feet are planted on the sides of the seat, positioning the stick figure for number one. Yes, squatting is for both numbers.

They are missing an additional sign, which warns the user, “do not flush with foot”, with a diagram showing a person flushing with the heel of a high heel shoe. Trust me, this is a thing.

1 Like

Howling. Triple Crapsule

1 Like

Even when one realizes that and wants to produce one’s stuff in a more sanitary way than position 3 from Kansai, authorities in Saigon aren’t aiding 

P4022227

1 Like

Monday
 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Hmmm Hmmm, now don’t be hasty! :wink:

4 Likes

I don’t think I’ve posted this excellent short video on late Italian photographer Luigi Ghirri on pixls before. My excuse for posting it now is it mentions his photos of scenes obviously absent of people, among his other stylistic traits. What I like about many of his photos is that he composes carefully in a way that shows that his pictures are composed, rather than composing them carefully to look natural and uncomposed. In that sense they are doubly real, showing real objects and the reality of how the photographer has used them to create his art.

Blockquote

3 Likes

Thanks, for this. Until now Ghirri was unknown to me.
(Yes, fits nicely in with the thread’s theme.)

I noted the quote:

“We must think of photography as a way to show the other our sense of awe before the world, and not as a tool for mass appeasement.”

Quite a good motto for photography, I think.

2 Likes

Yes, I’d not long heard of him until a mention somewhere, I think, by another photographer

Self portrait. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

That was my first thought when I saw this thread. I actually had a similar idea simmering in my head for a few years called “Beauty and the Beast” where I was interested in capturing the ugliness of human presence in beautiful nature, but then i saw that James was doing something similar and it kind of killed my enthusiasm. Seeing how popular he had become and recognizable his style is, It just didn’t feel very original anymore. And I’m sure it never was very original!

1 Like

9 Likes

7 Likes

This is as if gnome had adopted 9front’s propaganda style :smiley:

I’m guessing this memorial stone in a local park is on the same lines as Oscar Wilde’s last words “My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us must go" or Spike milligans headstone DĂșirt mĂ© leat go raibh mĂ© breoite, Irish for “I told you I was ill”

‘Be rate’ is an abbreviation of ‘it will be alright’ often used in the north of England. It is associated with utterances before tragic industrial accidents or by people who aren’t paying enough attention to medical problems

Of course that’s only my interpretation it might be referring to the mystical place Julian of Norwich found"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well"

for me that wouldn’t be any conflict between that and dark humour

4 Likes