Clearing the Processing Profile

When I clear the PP3 file for a processed image and then reopen the image, the preview obviously displays the original unprocessed RAF.
However, on opening the Exposure Panel I find that the the Tone Curve Menu shows the icon for the last Custom Curve that I employed anywhere, and when the curve is opened it is immediately alpplied to the image and has to be resret to Linear to restore the RAF preview

I’m sure there’s a a good reason why RT does this, and I recall seeing some reference to it in Rawpedia.
But I searched Rawpedia again from top to bottom and I’ll be darned if I can find it now.

Can anyone point me to the Rawpedia page tha mentions this?

Which version of RT are you using? I haven’t tested this myself, but I can have a look when I get a moment.

Thanks for picking this up

I’m using RT ver 4.2.1 - 64bit on Win7, which is currently recommended

I definitely remember seeing something in the Rawpedia. PDF about this
On that occasion however I was just getting into RT and I didn’t pay much attention to what it said.
Rawpedia is a really huge document .

You can have a much newer version of RT by checking the thread here New Windows builds - #268 by luxapy usually towards the bottom.

The things you describe are too vague, so I must assume what you mean, and I guess that you mean that when opening a photo which has no tone curve set, and you enable a tone curve, then the last-used curve is what you see, instead of linear. That is by design, because in practice it just saves time. One often builds from the settings rof the previous photo.

We do not recommend using 4.2.1 anywhere that I’m aware of. In fact we explicitly say, “For everyday use, get the latest “fast” build.”.
http://rawtherapee.com/downloads

Thank you for the comments.

Your assumption regardind my query was correct and I am content to know that the the tone curve feature is there by design.

I will now start using version 4.2.1148 as advised

Thank you for the info.

Which of the two versions should I be using, 4.2.1000 or 4.2.1159?
I’m a complete idiot as regards RT builds. Can you enlighten be on how these differ.

The one with the highest number, 4.2.1159 https://filebin.net/q4px2weiymclwyua/RawTherapee_WinVista_64_Gtk3_Release_4.2.1159.zip

@ Morgan-Hardwood
I think Fujiman was referring to this when he said recommended

Yes indeed,

On the downloads page at RT.com the Details tab for Version 4.2.1 describes it as “Release Type: Stable (recommended)”

That was why I’d been stupidly using it rather than the latest version.

Thanks for the clarification,

I’ve got 4.2.1159 running now and .I;m very pleased with it.

I noticed that the RGB curves in the Colour Panel of 4.2.1 were causing the program to crash.
So it’s a happy farewell to that problem.

Thanks for pointing that out, that needs to be changed.

Glad you’re happy with the latest development version.

1 Like