Confessions of a Photographer (from DigitalRev)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv34CdeTUW0

3 Likes

Besides not having a phone capable of shooting decent photos I have to agree 100% with Lok. Well, that and I don’t watch that much DRTV as I used to.

Where is Alamby </ obligatory comment >

With Kai? yadayada

1 Like

I love the look of shame on Lok’s face as he confesses to shooting in P mode. Doesn’t he know that “P” is for “professional”?:wink:

1 Like

Mmmm. Leica M.
One of those things that I think is often overlooked is the ability to not have to worry about anything other than composing a shot. Too often I find myself worrying about other settings and end up with mediocre results.

There was a thread on reddit.com/r/photography that basically asked which was more important to practice, settings or composition (basically). I’ve been thinking lately that you can create a “technically” perfect photo that is boring as hell, but it’s probably way more common to find a non-technically perfect photo that is much more appealing (or thought-provoking, or inciting emotions in some way).

3 Likes

I’ve always believed that which ever settings you use to get you to the photo you want are the right ones.

Absolutely. It’s just that when talking to new users learning the craft, they’ll often spend time worrying about settings and may miss the joy of just taking a photo (particularly one that might mean something or be more substantial than just “technically correct” - there’s a bigger rant I can go on about some semi-related stuff around that idea that I’ll leave alone).

I had so much fun shooting those old disposable cameras with friends. No controls other than shutter, film advance (maybe a flash if you splurged).

I think something close for me personally is zone-focusing for street shooting. Setting everything up beforehand and only worrying about composition and rough distance to subject is something I found super-fun and satisfying to do. Suddenly I’m thinking way more about subjects, backgrounds, environments without getting distracted with other things - quite liberating!). :smiley:

Also, I must confess to including various Leica components in my night-time activities…

I mean, sex without Leica cameras is like coffee without caffeine, amirite?!

Just as long as it doesn’t get stuck up there, necessitating a visit to the ER :syringe:

For Sale: One slightly used Leica Summliux 24mm/1.4 lens in great(ish?) condition.

Would need to check that one for signs of fungus

Ew!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oy, you can tell it’s a Friday with us, right? Getting a little gross and slap-happy in here. :wink:

Go look at other folks who’re apparently a few glasses of wine into their evenings too:

:smiley:

Leica owners are the conservative ones. Zeiss got there first: RE: [Leica] History of sex toys, was Leica 0

1 Like