darktable for Windows

Seeing that OpenCL speeds things up even on a laptop wit only the integrated graphic card, I have now made my primitive test with a stopwatch on my ageing home PC with once gaming HD 7850 card with 2 GB of GDDR5 memory (still supported/updated by AMD). Exporting ten 24 MP cr2 files (sharpen, 2 x profiled denoise, default, colour and lightness) to jpg.

i5 3570 @ 3.40 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 2 x HDD

win7, DT ver. 2.3.0+941~g3fe3c2749 from here
ubuntu studio 17.04, DT ver. 2.2.5 from darktable-unstable PPA

win opencl      01:31   91 s  100 %
win no opencl   04:15  255 s  280 %
lin no opencl   03:55  235 s  258 %

On Ubuntu, I wasn’t able to find a way to make OpenCL work with this GPU, and while my Linux skills are pathetic, I ran into multiple suggestions, that this may not be possible.

Thank you very much for publishing darktable for Windows! Please go on with it. It is fast and intuitive and I like it! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hi Thanks for this build, I’ve waiting years to see darktable in windows, here is what I’ve obtained with the last build

Hi, many thanks for putting this together. I have read how a lot of people are happy with DT for their Fuji raw files so was looking for DT as I have a x100s turning up shortly. I have installed on my current HP Pavilion 23 with windows 10 and it is working nicely, pretty quick and has thrown no errors as yet. I have worked on some Nikon raw files and am very happy with the results. Please keep up the good work it is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jason

Hi, I just wanted to say thanks for building Darktable for Windows. I missed it for a few years. I’ve just tried it with couple of photos and didn’t experience any problems! Great work! Thanks!

22 posts were merged into an existing topic: darktable and LR/Fast Raw Viewer XMP Files

I have glitch with parametric mask :frowning:

Please be more specific!

Yellow mask are missing :confused:

I’m using Win7 64x. I’m not a programmer, but I’m very happy to see the two main horizontal lines for buildings matching up (Perspective Control). I’ve made a change, am not sure how to save it. I pressed Ctl S. I see a 123.jpg.xmp file was created but not sure what to do with it.

My question: How does one save a change in Windows.

Changes are save automatically. You should see the module in the history stack… If you’ve made all the edits you want, you can export a tiff/jpeg from the lighttable view.

1 Like

Hi, me again. I found it:
Ctl E or
LIGHTTABLE, menu on right, choose EXPORT SELECTED

This is jpeg, and the image worked on, once exported, is half or less the size of the original jpeg. Not sure if this is normal (95% quality, 8 bit)

I suppose you mean the stripes? The white blocks are drawn in manually I guess?

What did you set as the max size in the export module? Try 0×0.

Yep, yellow stripes. White block are made by me. On some NEF files I have badly mask… And I dont know why…

Do you have OpenCL enabled? Maybe try disabling it in the preferences and see if that fixes it. Oh, and what version of Windows are you using?

Ok, OpenCl are disabled and… I see…

I’m on Windows 10 Home and after new update, Lenovo y700 15isk.

That’s very strange. Please file a bug report on https://darktable.org/redmine/projects/darktable/issues/new/ and attach the XMP and (if possible) a raw file that shows that bug.

Or at least specify the camera make/model

I just installed dark table on w10. I had initially the error reported earlier on (does not work if installed in program file folder). Uninstalled and re installed at the root of my C disk.
It worked fine, no crash and I was happy to see that my Canon 80D raw files were recognized.
I tested the program on some raw + xmp files previously edited under Lightroom 6 and I was happy to see that my history was recognized.
Just two bugs to report : the star notes are recognized as well as the color labels. However one file with a rejejected status was not detected as such by the filter.
All my files do have GPS coordinates and I was happy to see that my pictures were placed on the map.
There seems to be a bug here also : pictiures coded within France seem ok. However pictures out of France are not. One picture taken at Lisbon showed up on the map at Corsica. Another picture taken at Cap Vert was placed on Egypt.The bug seems to affect the longitude, latitude seems ok.

Best regards and thanks for having made dark table available to windows users

csierra 02

Do you have an example image?