How to use a Custom Theme (Gtk3)?

Gtk3 developers tell me you can (only?) change it by putting GTK_OVERLAY_SCROLLING=0 in /etc/environment then logging out and logging back in.

1 Like

Thanks, but I’m on windows, where is ./etc/environment?

No idea :slight_smile: I asked whether a CSS solution is possible, no reply yet.

1 Like

Typically, you can put /etc/ under the same folder as your lib folder under Windows. Or, if you are building only for yourself, you can try to use your home folder.

1 Like

You can also use any other means of setting environment variables (in the shell calling the program from, using Windows settings, …) and also do it inside the program before calling gtk_init().

1 Like

@houz, @partha

Thanks for your replys , but I’m looking for a css solution whithout touching anything external.

I’ve found a css solution for the checkbox and radio button.
This is how it will look like:

I’m not really happy with the checkbox, but it’s better than the orginal one.

Later today I will upload the final theme in a new topic.

• New checkbox and radio button
  • Removed the military light green tone background in Load/Save dialogs
  • Removed the ugly dotted focus border which sometimes appears.
  • minor changes

Edit: It’s online now: Final Version

Based on @TooWaBoo’s excellent work, I made very slight modifications in the css file, just to change some colors to better suite my taste. I don’t know if it’s worth posting this theme, but if anybody wants to try it out, here it is:

Screenshot

css file: http://filebin.net/8u9rhb2eug

2 Likes

@sguyader
Nice color combination :thumbsup:

This is awesome! How does one apply it within Mint 17.3? Cheers.

It may depend on how you installed RT. If you compiled it yourself and followed the instructions from the RT website, just copy the .css file into the “themes” folder which is found in the main RT install directory. Launch RT, in Preferences choose the GreenOrange for the theme, close and restart RT.

@sguyader
Like it! How do I change the slider button from gray to the green or any other color for that matter.

@DenB the slider color is defined at line 291 of the css file:
background-color: @accent-color;

You can change it to @accent-color2 (which is defined at line 26) to make it the same green as the slider trough, or customize to whatever color you want.

Next version of TooWaBlue will contain a separate color defenition for the slider knop in the “Change me” section. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a new version out?

The latest version is included in RT 4.2.1074
http://rawtherapee.com/downloads

Ah. As you know from my other thread…latest GTK has broken it

Hello.
I know, it’s an old thread, nevertheless I would like to ask something:
I like RawTherapee a lot with it’s own “RawTherapee-GTK3-20_.css” theme.
But the only thing I would like to change is this blue “accent” (Underlines, Sliders, etc…) to a light-gray or maybe white (with inverted Text-Color in case of selected item in lists).
I tried hard to create an own theme, based on “TooWaBlue-GTK3-20_.css”, but I don’t like it’s remaining style (personal taste). So I studied the “RawTherapee-GTK3-20_.css”, but never found an entry referring to these blue colors (not in hex, css or other color-codes).
Reason is, I would like to have as less as possible color influences while processing RAW.
Maybe someone could help me?!
Regards

Hey

scale trough {
    border-color: #00FF00;
    background-color: #FF0000;
}

scale highlight {
    background-color: #000000;
}

THANK YOU very much for your help!
So I was able to change the sliders colors as I wanted :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:
But unfortunately not the rest of the blue lines/items. Watch Screenshot below…
I’ve searched the whole “RawTherapee-GTK3-20_.css” but never found a line where this is coded.
Maybe you could give me another tip or hint?!

Regards