Long time to load Rt on Win 10 64bit

Which RT version are you using?

@Mynam_Mylast use the latest development version, and make sure your HaldCLUT folder contains only HaldCLUT images.
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Film_Simulation#Startup_time

the latest: 4.2.1005 and now i’m trying the .1064

HaldCLUT folder stays in D:\Graphics\ and it contains just a Readme.txt as a different file

It takes a lot of time to show the Options window

Is 64 bit build of master branch 4.2.922 (gtk2) from here also slow?

just a little bit faster but i’ve deleted all of the RT folders so, there’s no Photoshop and HC folder assignement

What else is in D:\Graphics\?
Do you have any network drives?

everything about graphics (pictures, Adobe files and so on)
I’ve tried to install Rt without the HC folder assignement, as already said and i’ve not network drives.
But Rt keeps a lot of time to open the options window too… Is not normal…

Though this still doesn’t explain the problem if you’re using 4.2.1005.

Please explain again, in detail, what exactly happens the moment you click the RawTherapee shortcut. Do you see a window? Is it empty? How many thumbnails in your File Browser folder? Once RT loads, if you click the Preferences button, does that take a long time to open?

Ok.
Now i’m using the .922 as suggested by heckflosse (see before)
When i click on Rt shortcut, nothing appears but i see the process in activities management window.
I wait some minute and Rt main window appears. The number of thumbnails (if you intend pictures preview) depend by the folder. Can be 2 or 300, but i’m sure that this is not the main problem because Rt works fine.
Anyway, if i try to open Option window, it keeps some other minute.

I also have the same problem since ( a month ago) I installed win10-64 on my home PC…
anytime RT tries to build a different GUI environment (first opening, opening the edit panel after double clicking a thumbnail, opening the preferences panel, etc) it takes minutes to open.
I only tried for a while (checked the situation with big folders etc mentioned before) then left home for a month so I cannot give more details …
The RT version was the (then) latest 4.2.8xx (compiled by sguyader) and I used the GTK2 variant …

Could be related to this issue

That’s bizarre.

@ilias_giarimis does opening Preferences also take long on your end?

Ingo, I only tested GTK2 …

Yes, as I described, every time RT tries to open a GUI panel (editor, preferences, color profiles etc) it takes too long … (as I remember, it is around a minute on my PC - E8400 3Ghz, 4GB RAM )

Ilias, yes, but the Filechooser in gtk2 is also slow. Though not as slow as in gtk3.
Every time you open a new Editor in METM and also if you open ‘Preferences’ some filechooser instances are created.
In SETM opening an image should be much faster. It must have something in common with the file system structure. Are there network folders or something like that in file system structure of Win10 per default?

I am new on win10 so I know nothing about it’s file system. I only have 3 HDs and no network.
I didn’t try SETM.

GTK2 was acceptably fast on the same machine with vista32 …

What’s METM and SETM?

METM = ‘Multiple Editor Tab Mode’
SETM = ‘Single Editor Tab Mode’

‘Preferences/General’ first combobox