Monitor profiling under Ubuntu/Linux

Please can anyone recommend a colour profiling device for calibrating a flat-panel screen which is nicely supported with Linux (will be Ubuntu in my case) ? I googled this but didn’t find anything up-to-date.

I have my old Spyder2 hardware, perhaps there is some software that will work with this. However this is quite an old device now, perhaps the tech has moved on and I should buy a newer one? - any thoughts on this also welcome.

thanks

1 Like

This question has been raised here Affordable monitor calibration device advice and suggestions (Linux, Cross platform)

For the process you can use DisplayCAL formerly known as DispcalGUI or Gnome has something build-in. Both are frontends to agryllcms which runs in the back. I guess your Spyder2 will work out of the box. However I’m not sure about the device, because they used organic colorfilters which tend to “decay”?

I’ve a colorhug version 1, but I have a redshift problem on my Eizo 2436. Richard Hughes released colorhug2 lately. It is a open source display colorimeter.
I know that the ColorMunki from X-Rite works on Debian 8, but it is expensive. We share it within a photo forum community, so I had the possibility to calibrate my screen.

I didn’t realize the colorhug2 had come out!