Support for Nikon COOLPIX B700 NRW raw

Hi everybody

I’m a Rawtherapee user, and lately I bought a Nikon B-700 with NRW propietary Raw files, and Rawtherapee even version 4.20 does not support them and I only see a purple and textured file when opening such NRW files.
Does anybody know if I can find a decoder for NRW

Thanks a lot

I’m not the best person to answer the question about the NRW Raw files, but I have to point out that RT 4.20 is not new. Here’s a link to the announcement for 5.1:

I’m sure someone else will be able to answer the question about the file format.

Thanks Gord. I have installed Rawtherapee 5 and the problem still persists. Pictures are loaded with a sort of mask like in this example. I guess it’s a matter of decoder of the propietary raw file. Hope someone can help.

Regards

Hi @Carlos

Do you mean the Nikon COOLPIX B700? If so, it is not supported by dcraw yet.

A workaround is to convert the files to DNG: How to convert raw formats to DNG - RawPedia

Yes Morgan, NRW from Coolpix B700. I have found that Darktable latest version handle those files but I prefer Rawtherapee as I have been used to it for a long while. Linux has a NRW to DNG converter but in my case it did not work. I’ll try your suggestion with Wine emulator of Windows within Linux using adobe converter.until Rawtherapee can give support to those files. Thanks for your help