Trouble accessing folders

Hi I am a new user on Raw therapee.
I uploaded it a few weeks ago and started to get use to the software. I love it! But since yesturday when I try to select a folder to access my pictures, nothing happen, I can’t have acces to the folder. Any suggestion/idea?

What happens when you try to access the folder?

Did you move the folder to a new location? I’ve done that, and the program doesn’t know where to find the folder.

@Toff can you tell us what type of OS (Windows, Linux, OSX) are using?
Maybe deleting the “options” or the cache files can get you back to working state. The location of these files is explained here.

Hey,
patdavid : When I want to access the folder it doesn’t open, as if the software was inactive.
Wilam : I didn’t move anything, this is the same folder I was working in since the begining, on my local disk (C)
sguyader : I work with windows 8.1

Got a screenshot? Forum - RawPedia
Are all the “Parsed extensions” ticked? http://i.imgur.com/rO9F9ZO.png
Delete the “options” file as suggested above while RT is closed File Paths - RawPedia

I might have encountered the same issue. If you’re using RT compiled from the GTK branch and not seeing little triangles on the left of the folders, we are on the same boat.Please see the screen shot below for what I saw and the solution.

On my machine, both master and gtk3 have visible arrows.

1. It is important to note that clicking on an arrow expands the subfolders in the treeview if there are any, but it does not “open” them, in other words it does not load the thumbs from them into the preview area! This is normal and not a bug. And double-clicking on an arrow is the same as clicking the arrow twice.
  2. Double-clicking on a folder icon on the other hand does load its contents into the main preview area, but currently in gtk3 it does not expand to show the subfolders in the treeview. I consider this to be a bug, it should also expand to show the subfolders. I opened an issue: Double-clicking on a folder should expand it in the treeview if it contains subfolders · Issue #3198 · Beep6581/RawTherapee · GitHub

Do you happen to know why I’m missing the arrows? Which GTK3 version do you have?

@noteasy2beme 3.18.7 in Linux, and you?

I don’t know the version of GTK3 on my computer and I’m using Windows.

It turned out that the problem I encountered was because the folder ./share/icons is missing.

This could be fault, maybe I didn’t put the required icon folder when I made the package you downloaded.
@noteasy2beme I’m currently making new 64-bit builds, please check this topic as I will shortly release the new builds (and I verified them, they do included the icons).

Edit: I found that my Gtk3_Debug builds lacked the icons, my bad. Was the version you downloaded, a Debug one?

1 Like

It’s not your fault. Your Windows build is perfectly fine. The code encountered the issue was compiled by myself. I actually found the solution be comparing the libraries came with your build and my local build.

Is the ./share/icons/ folder generated in the compiling process or it is in the repository? Anyhow, I guess the CMake file might need some change in order to copy this folder to the target folder of the installation.

Thé files are found In /msys2/mingw64/share… Since they don’t change much I just copy them once for all in the build directory. I spent some time trying to figure out which icons are necessary, so don’t copy the whole directory from mingw64, or it will bloay your build unnecessarily.

I think it’s just my computer which is the problem, I have a lot of issues with everything related to pictures and videos since a few days…

Same issue here, 2018 btw. RawTherapee 5.3 (using lensfun 0.3.2.0).

Uname -a

Linux runlevel0-Latitude-E6220 4.15.0-42-generic #45-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 15 19:32:57 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I have an SD card with 11 images in it. They load fine if I click them in Budgie’s desktop navigator (double click loads them in RawTherapee). But if I open the card in the program and double click on the folder that contains the images nothing happens. I do know I have to wait but 11 images should be shown pretty fast, I am talking about leaving the laptop alone for half an hour and no luck.

I tried to clean the thumbnail cache, but it doesn’t seem to do anything (click / doubleclick shows a change in colour of the button as expected, but no further feedback is shown, it looks unresponsive). I also tried to delete the location from the file navigator using the minus button which is totally unresponsive.

Is there a debugging option where I could log the actions and see what happens ?

THX

@Enric_Martinez try RawTherapee 5.5, show a screenshot of the File Browser, and paste the output of mount.