1 Raw File --> Lots of Processed Files

Kubuntu 18.04
Rawtherapee 5.4

Here is what I would like to do:

Pick one raw file from my camera.
Have RawTherapee process it with one of the bundled processing profiles, save result as jpg, append the name of the processing profile to the new filename so I know how it made that file. Then RT takes the next processing profile in the directory, applies that one to the raw, saves the jpeg, and so on.

Then I will flip through the 2 dozen or so saved jpgs, choose the one that is closest to what I like, and I will go back to RT, use that processing profile as a starting point, and fully develop the photo.

Can this be done? I tried installing RTBatch, but got an error when I did the “pip install” command, so I could not try it out.

I figure this could also maybe be done with a bash script, but I do not know anything about bash scripting. I can kinda sorta follow along with most command-line tools man pages.

Try with a for loop from the command line?

Do you have an example? So I can copy the correct syntax and sub in my own filenames and paths?

See (or any reference site): for Man Page - Linux - SS64.com.

I will give it a shot using that and the RT man page. But I have more questions now (like I said in OP, I am not great at CLI stuff)

-p <file.pp3>    Specify processing profile to be used for all conversions.
                         You can specify as many sets of “-p <file.pp3>” options as you like,
                         each will be built on top of the previous one, as explained below.

So I cannot find where RT stores the bundled processing profiles. ~/.config/rawtherapee/profiles is where custom profiles are stored. But I cannot find a list of pp3 files that come shipped with RT. Once I find that I can try writing a command/bash script that will iterate through all the available profiles and output jpgs for me to look at.

So the question now is, in ubuntu, where do I find the PP3 files responsible for the profiles that come bundled with RT?

I’d guess /usr/share/rawtherapee, but you can try sudo find / -iname .pp3

@Stampede