32 bit ver. 5.0 DNG

I have RT on my 64bit windows desktop and have no problems with DNG files. On my 32bit windows laptop the DNG files look awful and there’s no profile loaded on startup. Please help, I’ve been all over the web trying to figure it out.

1 Like

You’re probably comparing the current RawTherapee 5.5 on your 64-bit Windows with the two year old RawTherapee 5.0 on your 32-bit Windows.

We officially ended support for 32-bit versions of RawTherapee with release 5.0-r1 in February 2017. Do not file bug reports regarding issues on 32-bit systems.

http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/The_Floating_Point_Engine

That’s what I figured. Guess I’ll have to get a new laptop.
Thank you

1 Like

Not the worst idea. Anyway, RT 32b is still kind-of-supported on Linux, so you could save some money by making the switch to a free OS. Or you spend the money on a new machine and start getting used to a free OS on the old one. Win-win. :smile:

3 Likes

@banjopicks first of all, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

You may not need to. You mentioned the laptop is 32bit - now that can mean you are running a 32 bit version of Windows; however, if the laptop is perchance dual-core, you can indeed install a 64bit OS. You could use Windows, or Linux of course (cheaper and in my opinion better).

The big question, of course, is: is your laptop dual-core?

Thanks for the welcome Stefan.

The laptop is not dual core, I need a new one.

1 Like

Are you sure? Wikipedia tells that 64 bit processors were introduced to pc market in 2003. So it is likely that your computer can run 64 bit code.

Edit: Especially, many of the processors marketed as Celeron are single core 64 bit: List of Intel Celeron microprocessors - Wikipedia

@banjopicks

We officially ended support for 32-bit versions of RawTherapee with release 5.0-r1 in February 2017. Do not file bug reports regarding issues on 32-bit systems.

Nevertheless, to help W32 users, I still provide W32 builds until they will break
https://keybase.pub/gaaned92/RTW32NightlyBuilds/
These builds are slow (no SSE) and unable to process huge files.

The best is to follow the above advices and stop using W32.

1 Like

I’m going to dump this boat anchor and get something better. Maybe today. I love the latest version of RT.