A first attempt - out of bounds

Please note, I’m not looking for critique.

I really like the concept though, and inspite of the fairly obvious editing issues (not a reflection of the software used), it’s not a bad starting point.

Imgur

2 Likes

What editing issues do you think you have? It looks pretty good to me.

Thanks @paperdigits!

Some of the petals were a bit deformed, like the one at 10 o’clock. I managed to patch a couple of others, but on closer inspection you can tell. There is also a fault under the bottom-right border between the white and shadow (more telling when seen at full screen).

Not unhappy with it, just aware of it’s imperfections. Stuff to keep in mind for next time.

I often steal other portions of an image to reconstruct things when pulling masks. I had a heck of a time reconstructing the armpit of my daughter for a photo I did a few years ago, for instance:

I do too! I’ve often thought of doing something similar with a few of the urban architecture shots I’ve been taking. I think this kind of thing would look really cool if it was printed large onto an acrylic backer, and then cut out with a laser cutter or a CNC machine. You would mount it on the wall so it stood out by a couple inches, casting a shadow of its outline. That would be really cool looking …

1 Like

You messed up, the child has 2 elbows now. :wink:

Or one elbow and one really chubby little forearm? :slight_smile: I miss when she was this little.