Adobe DNG converter and wine, cannot select folder

I installed Adobe DNG converter v13.4 successfully under Linux. It starts perfectly but when I want to select a folder I get an error message saying “The selection contains a non-folder object”. This happens with every folder I select which means I cannot convert any raw files to dng.
I installed some older versions but it’s always the same.
Any idea how to get it going?

I’m having the same problem, the directory selector appears to be using features that wine doesn’t implement (I assume you’re using wine), when run from the console there are a number of “fixme” notifications.

I haven’t found a solution yet but if you specify the path to the directory containing the raw files on the command line it preselects it in the UI and the conversion seems to work Ok after that. So taking the installation instructions found here you get:

WINEPREFIX="$HOME/wine-dng" wine "$HOME/wine-dng/drive_c/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe DNG Converter.exe" path-to-files

That works to convert files but I’ve not managed to run it headless yet, that seems to crash.

Thanks @Phil_Smith1. When I start the converter with
wine "Adobe DNG Converter.exe" /tmp/test
a message pops up saying there are no files to convert in the folder.
wine "Adobe DNG Converter.exe" Z:\tmp\test
does not work. That’s weird.

That is weird.

I’ve just tried it again and I think I replicated what you are seeing.

My wine directory structure is located under my home directory. If I run the executable with full paths from my home directory it works fine but, if I cd in to the directory containing the executable and run it, I get an error saying it can’t find any raw files.

I think the problem with your second command is that you didn’t escape the backslashes. wine "$HOME/wine-dng/drive_c/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe DNG Converter.exe" Z:\\tmp\\temp works ok for me

1 Like

That’s it! Thank you very much. I have no idea why it needs the full path- anyway it works! I can convert the raw files to DNG. :vulcan_salute: