Another eval sunset

Not a great shot, bur an emotional scene for me. Winter, ice blue cold light, and my gilfriend

_1170368.ORF (17.0 MB)
_1170368.ORF.xmp (14.9 KB)

Again, a bit too greenish (Olympus), only 12bit contrast instead of 14.
Would you correct with colorbalance(CAT) or color sliders in “color calibration”? And: yellow frame around the sun.
Happy editing!

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

3 Likes

I think it is a fantastic shot! Lovely atmosphere.

another-eval_1170368.ORF.xmp (25.7 KB)
dt 3.6.1

Edit: Hard for me to see highlights properly on my laptop, hope they look ok.

A very atmospheric photograph.
Enfuse followed by GIMP.

another.eval.sunset.pp3 (25.9 KB) RawTherapee 5.8 Development + Future LA tool

Another test edit using a not yet available Local Adjustment tool that’s being developed.

Thanks for posting this shot,
darktable 3.6.1

_1170368_04.ORF.xmp (13.8 KB)

A tough picture, I decided to let the burnt area in the middle crash softly.
With darktable.
Thanks for the challenge @Hirse_Brei!

_1170368.ORF.xmp (9.6 KB)

Przesyłanie: _1170368-GIMP-LAB.jpg…

GIMP 2.10.24 - LAB

@all: nice - nicer - niciest!
@Zbyma72age: interesting contrast compression. No washouts in the brightened foreground. Very realistic. :+1:

ART

1 Like

Here is my proposal
dt 3.7.0
Thanks!
_1170368.ORF.xmp (10.0 KB)

Hi ! This is my vision

_1170368.ORF.xmp (12.7 KB)

:+1:

Tried to make it cool.

_1170368.ORF.xmp (18.2 KB)

It’s a bit strong on halos specially around 'the girlfriend '. I see this more from ART edits. Is this the result of its tone mapper or something ?

@gaaned92 could confirm but it seems to come from the local contrast module in this case. I downloaded the jpg…ART like DT stores the edits…I went through and this seems to be where it is…the use of the residual contrast slider introduces it…if you zero that out it goes away somewhat… increase it and you get a reverse halo…I tried a couple of different curves and even parametric masking with LC but it still seemed to halo easily around the girl so this is the source but I was not able to tame it…turning it off and using softlight or dehaze with a curve to work only on the sky were alternate ways to get some contrast without haloing…

_1170368.ORF.pp3 (14.2 KB)

1 Like