Any idea how to get this look? - RawTherapee

I also gave it a try again. Mainly used the RGB channels in parametric mode to get the general tendencies of the peaks. Then used some Hue treatment in the LAB tab.
I don’t know how you like it or if it is anywhere near what you were looking for and it is a difficult game as we don’t know what his (non-existing) raw woudl have looked like.
But, it lead to experiment with coloring image, which I hadn’t much up till now, so thanks!

ND7_5939_R.NEF.pp3 (12.1 KB)

No cluts used (since I don’t like basing an edit on something I don’t fully understand), just RawTherapee.

CLUT Film simulation in RT just about has the simplest explanation of what happens: Film Simulation - RawPedia

@HIRAM I understand how Hard Cluts work. So I didn’t mean that I don’t understand the technology of hald clut. I meant that if you find a hald clut that looks pretty it is hard to identify how that effect was created; such as blue toned greens …you can use HSL mode and move the green H toward blue, or you can use HSV and do the same, or you can use colour channels and add blue to green channel, or remove red :open_mouth: , or it can be due to a complex combo of RGB curves which happen to do that.

Now of course, once, I figure out what the individual setting are that produce a desired film are, making a handy hald clut is great and saves time …but I also want to have the details of how it came to be on hand :stuck_out_tongue:

@mccap this is a lovely rendition!