ART 1.12 - UI problem - film simulation list outside window / screen

Hello.

I’m trying to do some tests with ART-1.12 (ART-1.12-linux64-tar.xz from bitbucket) on Ubuntu 20.10.

So far OK (I’m still searching my way through), but i ran over one little problem with the UI:

When trying to load a film simulation (e.g. color) the menu is opened outside the usable screen - on the right i see the first 1 or 2 letters of the film producers list, the rest lies outside the screen.

I tried to open from a reduced main window - now i can see the the producers (Agfa, Fuji,…), but then especially the Fuji list is too long, the lower part is outside my screen and not reachable.

The menus open only to the right and below, and do not adapt to the on-screen position.

A glitch of the UI, or do i need to change a parameter in my setup? Screen size is 1980 x 1080.

Regards, happy new year and stay healthy

Andreas

Hello, I’m on Xubuntu 20.04, same screen resolution and don’t have your problem (meaning I can see all the Fuji variants and scroll through them). It could be css related, I suggest to try another theme first to see if that helps.

Hello.

First I tried different themes - no positive result.

Your mention of Xubuntu let me do some tests - on my machine with GDM3 (default) and lightdm window manager, and on another with standard Lubuntu installation with LXQt.

ART works fine with lightdm and LXQt, and according your answer with xfce (assuming standard Xubuntu installation) but seems to have a small problem with GDM3.

So i think it is a problem between ART and GDM3.

I will stay with lightdm.

Thanks for your answer.

1 Like