ART - How to start with ART? [solved]

Good, so you also use the classic modules: Exposure comprensation and Tone Curves. The others danan for subtleties and not at the beginning of the processing.

With Tone Equalizer you can wonderfully correct the tone values - but what is the difference to: “Tone curve 2: with Prarmetirc”?

Three differences, basically:

1. The tone equaliser works on unbounded data, the tone curve clips at 1 (or at the selected white point)

2. The tone equaliser preserves hues, the tone curve might introduce different kinds of hue shifts and/or perform different kinds of gamut mapping depending on the selected mode

3. The tone equaliser preserves local contrast (to a degree controlled by the regularisation slider), the tone curve does not. If you use the latter to increase contrast this doesn’t matter, but if you try to raise shadows or pull highlights you will notice

HTH

3 Likes

No wonder tone equalizer is so popular.
Thank you for the info and especially for ART.

In this case just the a and b Lab curves…

Could you please explain to me what this means? I do not doubt this statement, but I do not yet understand what it means, because your sentence was too short, for me.

Do you know what the lab color space is…if you google it it will be obvious…

Yes, I know in something what this Lab* color space is. But my question was: In which case happens what in the a and b Lab curves…
(Unfortunately, it is also a language problem, I have to translate everything on the Internet.)

NO problem. I just adjusted the a and b curves in the midtones to get approx the numbers I mentioned in the picker.

1 Like

Now I understand to what you refer your statement with the Lab, I thought first on Albertos comment to the three differences.

1 Like

This article can be marked as [solved]. Unfortunately, I can’t do this myself.
How can I reach a “Regualtor” who can do this for me?

Fixed :slight_smile:

MfG
Claes in Lund, Schweden

1 Like

Thank you very much. How did you do that?
Could I have done it myself?
And, does it matter whether [solved] is at the beginning or the end?

Moinchen, Bamberger!

How did you do that?

Me [modestly]: Would you believe skill???

Could I have done it myself?

Honestly, I do not know. Perhaps, it might have something to do with your forum status. I belong to the supporter group.

It is easy to try: Go to the first post in your thread. Click on the headline.
Is a “pencil” visible at the end of the headline? Click on it. Edit the headline.
Click tick-mark to OK your change (or the x if you would like to chicken out).

And, does it matter whether [solved] is at the beginning or the end?

Normally, it’s placed at the end.

Affengeil, nööööööööö?

MfG
Claes in Lund, Schweden

1 Like

I think it’s the regular group that grants you the rights to edit titles and categorize posts.

@micha: There’s a time limit a “normal” user can edit their titles. Don’t know how long admins of pixls have set it to. By default it seems to be 60 days.

1 Like

Yes, time seems to have run out. The pencil is no longer there. But @Claes did it for me.
Thank you.