ART new releases

In my opinion ART is ready for the new release.
The only thing I see that would need to be fixed is the history message for the radius of the new gaussian mode in smoothing (HISTORY_MSG_SMOOTHING_SIGMA).

Noted, thanks!

Thanks for fixing!

I am happily using ART almost every day and I haven’t noticed any big problems or crucial missing features.
I have a few ideas for small improvements or new features but nothing that would prevent the release of 1.4.

Sorry, I missed this message. Is this still needed?

I think so, yes. Currently, users need to edit their options file to make lensfun work with the appimage (see here)

Version 1.4 is on its way (maybe over the weekend, or sometime next week). Here’s a summary of the main changes wrt. 1.3:

• enhanced area masks, with support for arbirary shapes (thanks to @Hombre!)

• support for user commands, a simple form of plugins

• improved error notifications using overlay messages

• added “Gaussian” mode to the smoothing tool

• added “black points correction” to the dehaze tool (thanks @heckflosse!)

• added filter by date to the file browser

• apply white balance before demosaicing for (slightly) better quality in some situations

• added support for DNG GainMap tags, to properly render raw files from popular smartphones

• many bugs fixed

2 Likes

Hi Alberto, can you please explain why the Guided mode is called ‘guided’? What does it exactly?

It’s literally a guided filter :slight_smile:

I have a problem that would be nice to solve (if you agree that it’s a problem) regarding blur of shapes. I’ll open an issue later today, that might be better to solve before 1.4 come out, for backward compatibility reason.

sure :+1:

Thanks, that makes more sense.

I’ve tagged 1.4. If the automated builds work as expected, binaries should appear shortly (maybe tomorrow?).
Thanks to all the people who contributed!

6 Likes

I have tried ART_master_1.3-128-g6b1758a_20200607.AppImage after removing old config it works .

How can i enable/disable vignetting correction and so on based on dng metadata? Thank you in advance!

That version is too old for the Huawei phone that you referenced above (there was a bug preventing the correct application of gain maps in some cases).
When 1.4 comes out, it should work out of the box. There’s nothing you need to do, gain maps are applied automatically if found in the dng metadata (and currently can’t be turned off)

1 Like

ART_1.4_W64_generic.7z, ART_1.4_W64_Skylake.7z, ART_1.4_W64_Znver2.7z
uploaded at ART-W64NightlyBuilds/ – Keybase.pub

Hello @gaaned92

Thanks for you builds, just tested on Windows 10.
I was curious to test the new option, to filter by date:

Thanks a lot to @agriggio for releasing such an amazing software!

I have added the LENSFUNDBDIR cmake option to the Win64 builds, and also fixed the LensFun DB loading for the AppImage case (there was also a mistake in the path to the bundled DB).

I have checked that the bundled DB is correctly loaded when no path is given in the options file.

Hopefully this is just in time for the new release!

1 Like

Damn GTK+ versions :frowning: This:
shot1

was supposed to look like this:
Screenshot from 2020-06-09 10.36.56

Oh well…

Cruel!