Be(e) in motion

I was in the Botanical Garden in Tübingen (Germany), hoping that I can do some shots.
I found this cute little worker, who was hopping from blossom to blossom.

I used the Nikon z fc with the Asahi Pentax SMC Macro Takumar 50mm F4.

14 Likes

so this is a manual lens you’re using? you’re a brave and courageous photographer to approach such a subject with a 50mm manual focus lens!! Others would have bought newest canon or sony gear with white barrels or walk away!

Unless I’m mistaken, the Nikon FC is the retro-looking mirrorless with crop sensor, correct? do you have a shot of how your nikon looks like with this lens on top (I’m a bit obsessed by gear, on my shelf I have an old Nikon FM with a 50mm Nikkor-S…)

1 Like

Hey @aadm ,
yes, this is an old manual lens. I really, really like this kind of working with the camera. I do have new(er) lenses, but I like it the old-fashioned way. Thanks for your compliment :slight_smile: I really appreciate it.

Yeah, you’re correct.
Here are pictures of the camera with the lens

Between the camera and the lens is an adapter from Z- to M42-Mount.
I use it for my three Retro-Lenses Helios 44-2 58mm f/2, Asahi Pentax SMC Macro Takumar 50mm F4 and the Pentacon Auto 2.8 / 135mm.

2 Likes

I’m curious about something: I have an adapter ring for M42 to F mount (my Nikon D750) and that doesn’t work at all as expected: It doesn’t even come close to reaching infinity and only stuff that is really close, less then 1,5 meters or so (55mm lens) can be focused. Not workable in my opinion.

I’m more then willing to buy the above shown M42 to Z adapter for my Z6ii, but I would like to know from you: Are you able to focus from close to (full?) infinity with the M42 lenses you use it with.

The two main M42s I would like to use it with are a the Asahi Takamur 135mm f3.5 and the Asahi Super Takumar 55mm f/2.0. I’m assuming for the moment that if it works on your Asahi Takumar it will also work on these two.

BTW: Love the retro look of this Zfc!

I didn’t notice any problems with the focus using this adapter.
A friend recommended this adapter when I was searching for an option to use older lenses with a different mount.

I looked up some pictures, which I have taken with an old lens and this adapter.
Here an example (M42-adapter with Helios 44-2)

Is this an answer to your question?

Btw: I love it too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, yes it is. Thanks!

EDIT: And I ordered one :smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome :slight_smile: !
And have fun with it :star_struck:

I don’t want to shift the conversation to gear but it is really striking this camera! It does look like my old FM2! Not 1:1 but the general size and commands etc, fantastic!

I have walked away from good looking mirrorless cameras after having used for a long time Olympus (omd em1) and Fuji (xpro1 and xt2), i have been a bit unlucky with how these cameras have aged, not well I mean… So now I have a perfectly functional and excellent mirrorless camera… But not really pretty I have to say (canon Eos r)

1 Like

I totally understand this. This retro-looking camera catched me, when I saw it. It also fits with these old lenses really well.
I‘m also owning a Nikon D5100, but now I really prefer the z fc.