Beginner questions

Hi there,
I am starting now with RawTherapee and I have a few questions:

• does RT apply any pre-processing to raw files? I know Adobe ACR is applying “hidden” adjustments to RAW files upon opening

• Is it possible to view/edit single R-G-B white balance values?

• What is “Output Profile” in Color management tab, is it the Color Profile images are going to be exported with? Why is it not possible to select AdobeRGB as output profile?
    How can I export with a Linear output profile?

Thanks

Hey

1. Editor - RawPedia
  2. No.
  3. Yes. This article is not fully up to date but will answer your questions regardless: Color Management - RawPedia

See:
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Getting_Started

Hey, thank you for your quick reply, this is what I understand:

1. No, if you select “Neutral” processing profile
  2. ok
  3. ok I understand, if I want to export a linear TIFF I can select gamma=1 and output will be linear, correct?

@niccoc1603 regarding point 3, correct, in RawTherapee 5.4 go to Color Management and set Output Profile > Output gamma to “linear_g1.0”.

In the latest development versions (which will become RawTherapee 5.5) use the ICC Profile Creator to generate an ICC profile with the Tone Response Curve set to “linear_g1.0”, save it to to your ICC folder (see Preferences > Color Management > Folder containing color profiles), restart RT, and it will appear in the Output Profiles list.

Wonderful, so right now if I export with gamma=1 the image will not be assigned with any color profiles?
I already have an AdobeRGB Gamma=1 ICC profile, how can I load it in the output options of RT?

The saved image should never be without a profile, else how is other software to know how to interpret it?

In RawTherapee 5.4 if you export with output gamma=linear_g1.0, which disables the output profile combo, the saved image will have an embedded ICC profile with a linear gamma and the RT_Large primaries, which are equivalent to ProPhoto.

Ok got it, what about this: [quote=“niccoc1603, post:5, topic:8875”]
I already have an AdobeRGB Gamma=1 ICC profile, how can I load it in the output options of RT?
[/quote]

This applies: