besoin d aide image

Please don’t forget to explicitly state the license you want to release your image with! A common license used here includes something like below:

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

IMG_1270.CR2 (23.8 MB)
Good morning all
I made a development of this image but I have a lot of noise especially on the blue
can you tell me why
thank you all
attached the jepg and the raw

1 Like

Hi:

First, you may want to edit your post and remove «Please don’t forget to explicitly state the license you want to release your image with! A common license used here includes something like below:» as it is not needed. It’s only to guide you how to add the right licensing for your image.

And it would be good that you say which program and version have you used with the image, as well as uploading the processing sidecar for your raw file (if there’s any, like the xmp or pp3 files), so people can take a look at it and try to help you :wink:

1 Like

The image is underexposed by at least 2 EV. That leads to noise showing up when you correct that in post processing.

Nevertheless I gave it a try in RawTherapee

IMG_1270-1.jpg.out.pp3 (13.3 KB)

2 Likes

I agree with @heckflosse in that this image is underexposed (closer to 3 stops, I think) and that creates some noise when compensating.

Nothing that a decent RAW editor can’t handle though. I only turned denoise (profiled) on and no need to start turning knobs in this case.

Anyway, here’s a rather basic edit done with darktable 3.0.2 and the sidecar:

besoin.de.aide.canon.5dm3.cr2.xmp (8.0 KB)

3 Likes

Nice shot. My try using RT5.8

IMG_1270_RT.jpg.out.pp3 (13.2 KB)

1 Like

merci a tous pour votre aide