Bluish Tint in Nikon Raw File After Opening in RT

When I am opening NEF file in Nikon ViewNX 2 the raw opening fine and looks normal but when I open same raw file in RT it opens with a bluish layer on image and with dull colors. I think something is wrong with my RT settings.

Image in RT

Image in ViewNX 2

I have heard of people using NX2 for raw conversion and some PP and the saving a 16bit tiif file for further work in another editor, even when using Photoshop. Nikon use a different raw conversion process to other manufacturers. It’s some sort of double curve.

One thing you could try is to install Adobe’s dng converter. This will provided you with lots of camera profiles. Try using each of the ones from that in the colour management section of RT. It’s under the 3rd tab along. Input profile. Rather than the default camera standard try installing one of the profile in the custom section. These are .dcp files and I would try all of them to see which gives the best results.

John

@sandeepthakurala looks like you’re using a raw file which is not supported by your version of RawTherapee. Which version of RawTherapee and which camera make and model are you using? Please upload a sample raw file using https://filebin.net/ and share the final link here.