Brunswick Town in Spring

My family and I frequent the historic site near home. I’ve gotten some really good shots from there. I think this shot has a lot of potential. Just want to contribute to the community and maybe learn by what others can do. I like the soft look and painting-like feel to it but I just cant get satisfied with any of my edits.

_V8A9002.CR3 (42.0 MB)
_V8A9002.CR3.xmp (18.7 KB)

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

4 Likes

_V8A9002.CR3.xmp (9.6 KB)

My version…

_V8A9002.CR3.xmp (12.5 KB)

Darktable 3.9.0~git1494.e4628ef4-1

1 Like

Something weird happened to the twigs here

_V8A9002.CR3.xmp (10.1 KB)

2 Likes

I wanted to give a painting sensation to the photograph like @E_Swain .For which I used the diffuse or sharpen module, and with two instances, one of simulate line drawing and another of simulate watercolor, I have achieved this “strange” result.
I hope you like my version…

1 Like

My guess would be from diffuse and sharpen then. Looks cool, reminds me of the gmic plugin in gimp.

I took @dqpcoxeas use of simulate watercolor and used multiply blend with it. Cool outcome.

2 Likes

@E_Swain The focus is off with camera shake but it is still an idyllic scene. G’MIC dream smoothing would have a nice effect on this. :wink:

@afre I haven’t used the dream smoothing. I’ll have to give it a shot. What gives camera shake away? Is it the softness? I didn’t think focus was off.

_V8A9002.jpg.out.pp3 (14,4 KB)

gmic dream smoothing. Definitely looks cool @afre

2 Likes

A bit of fake HDR using your jpeg. Used G’MIC’s dehaze set to saturation to darken the sky fyi. :slight_smile:

_V8A9002.CR3.xmp (13.0 KB)

_V8A9002.CR3.xmp (41.4 KB)

1 Like