Bug : setting crop boundaries

dt 3.1.0+2164~ga64940338, Ubuntu 18.04
Setting the crop boundaries in crop an rotate module behaves not as expected. To reproduce :

• Activate crop and rotate module, aspect ratio = original image, flip = none, angle = 0, automatic cropping = no, keystone = none, guides = none, boundaries set to full image size.
  • Grab the upper right corner handle, move it inside. The crop boundaries move inside, but not only the right and top edges, but also the bottom edge. (bug)
  • Grab the upper left corner handle, move it inside. The crop boundaries move inside, but not only the left and top edges, but also the bottom edge. (bug)
  • Grab and hold one of the upper corner handles, then move inside and back ouside several times without releasing the the mouse button. The bottom edge of the boundaries moves up more and more with every in-out move of the mouse. (bug)
  • Grab the lower left (right) corner handle, move it inside. The crop boundaries, bottom and left (right) move inside as expected. Top edge keeps it’s position. (OK)

I’ve raised Crop & Rotate: Bottom border moves when resizing · Issue #5558 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I just read the thread you mentioned and I saw that a fix has been merged into master ( Fix the moving lower border in clipping.c by GrahamByrnes · Pull Request #5569 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub ) some minutes ago. If I can find some time, I’ll create a new build this afternoon. If something strange happens again, I will report here.

Checked with several images under various conditions, seems bug fix was successful ! :+1:

1 Like