Build issues with Darktable on Windows Anybody else??

Trying to build DT on Win10 in Mysy. It keeps failing. Dumped everything and re-cloned the git and still keeps failing…same spot… image

We’d need full build log to know why it’s failing.

I just built ab91bf3 without issues on mingw64

Thanks Hubert,

Trying on another machine. If I have the same issue I will do this…

Thanks for your tip.

Todd

Ya I just tried now at home on my AMD box and all good so it must be something up on my other PC although I don’t recall changing anything since my last build and I thought that any junk left from previous builds would be cleared by deleting everything and re-cloning…in any case it worked fine here at home so that’s all that counts…thanks for the replies… @johnny-bit and @kmilos

Are you going, by any chance, to post your latest build. The one I’m using crashes every time I open an xmp in darkroom.

I have not installed or run it yet but if you are keen to get it I can post it…

I’ll wait. Without it being tested, I might be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. But, thanks for offering.

I fired it up today works fine will post a link for you when I get home…

Bill you can get “Nightly Builds” Here…

Number 40 looks like the latest one…

I looked into that before, but when I looked at the instructions for compiling it, my brain short-circuited.

I don’t think you need to compile…

Sorry, compile is wrong word:

That’s what the issue is.

No building its a binary…just install…you just need to be signed in to Git to download…down the the zip extract and run…its all built…

darktable.a89402a4fe44e441b2d94abe50e47197ab5e40a8.win64.zip.zip (57.6 MB)

Thanks for opening my eyes :star_struck:, @priort. I went to Git and figured out how to download it.

Never had this happen before. Reinstalled, uninstalling existing, not uninstalling existing, no difference. Restarted computer. No joy.

Try mine… darktable-3.3.0+2092~gcbcebc57b-win64.zip (71.1 MB)

Maybe it’s my system.

Install in a new directory and try