c/photography — The place to share your photographs and casually discuss photography

Hello PIXLS.US community,

I am Mederic, moderator of Lemmy’s photography community.
Lemmy is a free and open source news aggregator, an alternative to Reddit without ads nor tracking.

If you are in search of a safe space for your photographs to be appreciated, somewhere to casually discuss technique, latest gear, FOSS photography and more.

So what’s in for you :

• Cross platform : desktop, Android, iOS.
  • No fishy privacy policy, you keep full ownership of your submissions.
  • User-friendly interface.
  • Integrated image uploading in both posts and comments.
  • Can fully erase your data, replacing all posts and comments.

… And way more I guess once the community has grown :slight_smile:

What about me ? I am an amateur photographer who became concerned about privacy and FOSS software some years ago. I kept all my “work” for myself a long time and felt alone. I then joined Reddit with a lot of ill will and discovered communities like r/analog and r/fujifilm… I thought to myself that it would be fantastic to reproduce that kind of photo sharing community in the free and open source world.

Now, it’s up to you to make you’re own mind about it and if you decide to join, Lemmy’s community and myself will be very happy to welcome you.

Here the link : https://lemmy.ml/c/photography

Thank you all for your time :slight_smile:

No one’s interested ?
It’s not an ad, just a new open source way to share about photography.

@mdrc Welcome to the forum!

After 109 views, at least 18 people followed your link. (There should be more than that since it doesn’t log every click; e.g., mine.) Posting here doesn’t guarantee participation. People are free to do whatever they please, so don’t be disappointed. It takes time to build an audience or members.

1 Like

I’m already there, I just don’t have an account

Thank you both :slight_smile: