Call for color target shots

If you have (access to) a color target, you could help out by sending me your daylight + incandescent shots. By doing so, you agree to release them into the public domain under the CC0 licence.

It is very important that you follow the shooting instructions to ensure a high quality capture:
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/How_to_create_DCP_color_profiles#Shooting_the_Color_Target

1 Like

I’ve seen that but the x-rite is really expensive.

Will a target like this ( 2 in 1 colore grigio bilanciamento bianco carta DUO: Mid-Size e due schede a colori 3x2 _ B | eBay ) be good enough?

Thank you.

As a reminder, you can rent a color target for a reasonable sum: Lensrentals.com - Rent a X-Rite ColorChecker Passport Photo

Thank you but unfortunatly not in Europe…

If it comes with reference reflectance spectra (.cie file) and a target layout file (.cht file), then yes, otherwise no.

I have ordered one it8 C1 from here: http://www.targets.coloraid.de

Maybe it is an option?

Yes, but be very careful to avoid glare.

I had a tough time with that target and a tungsten bulb, I couldn’t get an evenly lit shot that didn’t have glare.

Just asked, waiting for a reply. Thank you.

This is the reply… so it will be of no use? Thank you.

"This particular item does not come with a reference file. As for as I know, no 24 Colour swatch card does. The software that you use with this item is Adobe Dng. This creates a camera profile your use in photoshop or lightroom.

Hope this information helps"

All supported charts have reference spectra available, and if a chart does not, the owner needs to invest in a spectrometer, e.g. the Colormunki Photo for a mere 500$.

The software that you use with this item is Adobe Dng

Aside from there not being a program called “Adobe DNG”, that person could be implying that the “Grey White Balance Colour Card” is compatible with the standard Macbeth CC24 spectra, but that is just a guess, this is something up to the buyer to research and up to the seller to make clear, and I won’t be accepting photos taken using a color target I never heard of, of unknown quality, without the required spectra and chart.

Since the profile is cheap, it would be great if someone with a spectrometer bought one, commented on the quality, and uploaded the measured spectra.

I own a color munki photo, but no money for those charts for now