Can I create a custom camera profile using spectral reflectance data?

I’m interested in using my Nikon D3100 DSLR as a measuring device and want to create a custom profile for that purpose. I’d like to use my Konica Minolta CM700D spectrophotometer to provide spectral reflectance data for the profile. The reference standard is a set of bricks (I’m measuring brick colors).

Does RawTherapee accept spectral reflectance data for device profiles? If not, is there a 3rd party software that does?

Again, I’m not attempting to calibrate a monitor or a printer - just adjust the raw sensor signal from the DSLR.

Hello, I believe DCamProf can use spectral data to create profiles.
http://www.ludd.ltu.se/~torger/dcamprof.html
I can’t help with it’s use though, I have absoluteley no experience creating profiles :smiley:

Thanks very much, James!

Nikon d3100 Manual show you very well that how to Create a Custom Color Profile for Your Camera. But in this case You will need to:

• shoot in Raw file format
  • have access to a ColorChecker target
  • download Adobe DNG Profile Editor for Windows or for OS X and/or ColorChecker software
    You have to Profile Your Camera With Adobe DNG Editor. That means you profile would be build completely with ADOBE Editor. Thus check out manual and follow all instructions given in it.

Thanks Thane. Over the past year I have created profiles using much of the
workflow you describe.