Can not import default raw settings

i want to load default settings as the improted raw image, but after i
double click the image it will auto set some adjustment to it , how to
be original? and buy the way what’s the difference of right side of
welcome page that also have some configuration can set and do to
images(or single) and the advance edit mode withch showup after double
clicked the image

Hello! Which version of RT are you running? Normally there’s an option for loading Profiles that you can set to Neutral.

I see you’re running 4.2.0 - this is an old version. Is it possible to grab a more recent version?

I’m running 4.1.83 and have no problem loading the neutral profile. I don’t think it resets all though - might leave curves alone. Personally I would prefer a button in the editor that resets and disables everything.

John

Sure you meant running, not crawling ?

You can set everything to (Neutral) here:

@cc243750496 First of all, you need to update your RT version, this one is really old.

If you run a Linux distribution based on Ubuntu, open a terminal and type the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dhor/myway sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install rawtherapee-unstable
This will install the most recent version available for your system.

If you want your images to be loaded without any settings, go to the Preferences and in the second tab (“Image Processing”) select “(Neutral)” as the Default Processing Profile for raw photos.

As you have found, you can see the different settings/filters at the right in both the File browser view and the Editor view. this is normal, any setting you change in one view will appear in the other view. This is made so that you can change some settings in File browser view without the need to load/demosaic/pre-process the file, in other words it’s for quick changes which don’t need you to have a bigger preview of the image.
And in File browser view, if you select several files and apply one setting on the right (for example white balance) it will be applied to all the selected files.

As was said above, update, then read these:
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Creating_processing_profiles_for_general_use
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/The_Image_Editor_Tab#Eek.21_My_Raw_Photo_Looks_Different_than_the_Camera_JPEG

@patdavid your selector is set to “preserve mode”, so selecting Neutral in that case won’t reset everything.

Yep - this was just to illustrate where the profile selector is in the GUI. I didn’t see it in their screenshots.

As usual there is a specific reason why I am running that version and wont be updating for a little while. Probably not for a month or so as I am waiting for something else to update too. Might even be longer.

John

@Ajohn I’m curious about your reason using such an old version

I run opensuse and got behind on updates waiting for a fully stable release that didn’t happen as they changed the release schedule. If I update currently I’d have to do the same again shortly afterwards.

I’ve thought about changing distro as I feel the update rate they expect people to use now is a bit too fast but the distro does have some distinct advantages. I click installs for just about everything I run for instance. When QT etc advances they also have the knack of coming first for the most stable releases - probably why they expect us to update so often.

I should have mentioned KDE. I did try Gnome for a while but didn’t like it. KDE has changed a lot though and now moves too fast really so I also wonder about that aspect.

John

i mean whether theres some way like other software for example Lightroom it load exposure correctly but if i use rawtherapee and set neutral it will be gray and if set to default it will not show my exposure (not auto exposure)of the shot ?why?any solutions?
here is the correct exposure of shot

here is neutral

here is the default

@cc243750496, please see Editor - RawPedia

@cc243750496 read the links you have been pointed to. Adobe, like your camera, does not show you the real neutral image - it applies curves from the DCP.