Can Siril save the registration files?

Is it possible to save images as fits files after they have been registered in Siril?

Thanks, and great astro processing software!

I assume you don’t use the global registration because it’s the default behaviour to save them in that case, the other way is to load your registered sequence and use the export feature in the sequence tab.

Yes that is correct, I’m using either one star align or planetary disc… I want to load the unregistered sequence, register in Siril, and then export the registered images as fits files. not sure how I can do this.

I tried loading the unregistered ser file, naming the sequence, registering, and then exporting as fits files but the exported files were not registered… i’m doing something wrong.

I’ll check if it works with the latest version, I haven’t used this in a while. @lock042 have you?

Yes. It should work.

I opened the SER file (about 3000 frames)
Completed registration using Planetary Disk method.
Tried to export sequence as a SER file and it crashed.
Using Windows 10 and the latest beta version of Siril.
It would export the frames as individual Fits files but the images were not registered to one another.

I confirm that there is a crash with SER to SER export. SER to FITS images seems to work however, I get the black areas on the side from the shift.

Thanks for your help fellas… I got it to work with single star alignment and then export as registered fits files.

Hi @kyledruey, the bug has been fixed (in the development version, or the upcoming 0.99.8), you can now export shifted images in any format.
Kind regards