Canon EOS 5D Mark IV not recognized

Hey there. I’ve got a Canon EOS 5D Mark IV that isn’t recognized by Darktable v2.2.5 (the lens correction field is blank on the camera, the latest 5D being the Mark III) although it correctly detects the lens.

I read through this post, but there don’t really seem to be action items there, it reads as more of a troubleshooting guide. How can I help add support for this camera?

If the model does not already have samples on https://raw.pixls.us please upload sample images there. Instructions on what is necessary is listed on the site.

Lens correction is handled by the lensfun library, so the best course of action there is to get your lenses added to lensfun.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks @paperdigits! Looks like there are several Mark IV samples already there. Does that mean support will be contained in a release soon?

Yes, it means that the underlying decoding library, call rawspeed, will gain support. There are other things to support in darktable, like noise profiles and such, but I’m not sure how to get those supported. Perhaps @Tobias or @houz can point us in the right direction.

Yeah please let me know, I’d love to help.

So what specifically is not recognized?
The lens correction module does not work?
That is not done by darktable, but by lensfun.

Sounds like you want to report that to lensfun.

I do believe we already have the full sample set for that camera.

That camera was already supported in 2.2.x

1 Like

I own the same camera and I could make it work by running a script provided by lensfun called lensfun-update-data. Which updates the internal camera/lens database it uses.

In case you’re running Linux, the script might be provided by a separate package. Like lensfun-tools for example.