[Capture Challenge] Charge your battery and take some photos

In the zoo again…who is watching whom?

15 Likes

I’ve just gone through the exercise of setting up presets for every place I might post photos, even including the wallpaper rotations for my own systems. You can find max dimensions (if any) for most, but choosing the jpeg quality for each destination is sometimes a hunt and peck exercise to get a good looking image while complying with size guidelines or restrictions.

1 Like

Nice. I’m actually finding myself building a list of presets too, albeit in a more ad hoc fashion!

1 Like

Angora goat. :wink: They specialize in curls!

1 Like

I went on a walk today by the river and saw a long-tailed tit for the first time ever. Thankfully, I had my Fuji X-T5 + 70-300 + 1.4 TC and managed to snap a few pics as the tiny and hyper bird darted from branch to branch.

(Photos processed in darktable)

22 Likes

Yesterday’s dream walk… :see_no_evil:

17 Likes

infra-red?

1 Like

Lovely bird and photos!

1 Like

Just looking at that photo makes me want to walk along the path.

1 Like

No, @martin.scharnke, it’s not infrared, I’ve just been playing with the colours.
In a few hours @martbetz I will share the photo on playraw, so that anyone who wants to, can “walk” along this path.

Some images from an old cemetary

6 Likes

From my most recent trip (which wasn’t actually that recent, but I’m still going through photos from it to edit)

12 Likes

Today’s capture

14 Likes

Views in and around the Himalayan Cedar grove at the National Arboretum in Canberra.

17 Likes

not really a photograph (x-ray)

20 Likes

Oy! You can’t get away with that… tell us more! :wink: How do you do DIY X-rays?

1 Like

This evening we held the yearly “easter fire” in our small village. Unfortunately there was a heavy rain midst in the event… anayways, we saved our steaks and had a nice evening at home. Not so the “Feuerwehr” (fire fighters), who have to monitor the fire over the night.

10 Likes

Love the black mountain telecoms tower in juxtaposition with the cedars - a concrete cedar!
What’s the building in the last one?

2 Likes

It’s called the Margaret Whitlam Pavilion.
Quite striking I think, although perhaps better from some angles than others. :wink:

1 Like

Unfortunately (?) access to x-ray equipment is usually restricted to medical staff.

1 Like