[Capture Challenge] Charge your battery and take some photos

I’ve only tried it a couple of times, but this seemed like a decent tutorial:

2 Likes

Stunning takes, and thanks for the description of your “setup”. I like how you played with the available light here. The spot that you did with exposure - nice, will try it. Very good input :muscle::blush: thanks for sharing :wave:

A few from Zürich, quick snaps with the phone. Some of them are inside the Grossmünster, in an area normally not open to the public.

11 Likes

Forests are wonderful…

16 Likes

Thanks a lot! Loading the xmp with 4.6 resulted in a black image but the screenshots are clear enough. I never used rgb curve before, it indeed works well for that look. I definitely have to add it to my toolkit.

1 Like

Blossoming apple tree against the sky. The processing is inspired by the talk of Kevin Holliday, which was recently discussed here

13 Likes

Here are a few from our walk near Oberhof…

16 Likes

A walk in the park. Yangmingyuan

Phone pic at Heathrow

14 Likes

Seoul, right after the rain stopped.

8 Likes

9 Likes

A metaphor of Joe the Photographer looking at the Canon and Nikon displays at the local camera shop.

3 Likes

Some sport…

15 Likes

@dqpcoxeas looovveeeee the second one! Nice lines, the graphic nature and abandonees is great.

1 Like

I need an explanation…

Thank you very much.

From another point, another atmosphere.

I’m hesitating to tell the story…
It’s about some pools next to a beach, which in autumn and winter, due to the lack of maintenance and the fact that nature is the master of this world, is taking possession of something that probably shouldn’t be there.
In fact, one of the pools was already prepared today to receive tourists.

6 Likes

Indeed, a totally different vibe and a completely different story :smiley:

I’ve been working in my own photography a lot on the background, how it frames the subject, and its relation to the rest of the frame a lot lately.

2 Likes

Life choices…

More Beijing/Japan trip. This could take a while.

10 Likes

Also qualifies for the “people without people” category

1 Like

Yes, perfectly, at least until the sun doesn’t heat up any more. :wink: