Catastrophic image corruption

Hi!
Sometimes I open an image with RawTherapee or digiKam and gets horribly corrupted. Interestingly, Lightroom or Darkatable won’t show this behaviour.
I’ve been able to sort out this happens mostly to B&W shots, and this could give a clue, because the camera (a Nokia 9 smartphone) uses dedicated monochrome sensor for this: So no color-filter on top, no color demosaicing needed, o so I guess, I’m not an expert.

Also, half RAW thumbnails are not broken in digiKam.
As said, Lightroom or Darkatable won’t show the artifact.
Do you think has something to do with demosaicing?
What can I do to to revert the “damage” so I can use them with RawTherapee again?
I share some shots so you can replicate the problem.IMG_20210117_185614.dng.pp3 (12.1 KB)
Than you for your help.

PS. Demosaicing methods won’t show up. I doubled checked and this happens only to this camera and shooting color as well. Nokia 8, Pixel, or Lumia 1020 show full menus.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuaRuWZfqhhGluIdUEpRQv7nLnoucw

I confirm that your raw files are not rendered correctly. I disagree that being a catastrophic image corruption :wink: I will have a look but won’t promise a solution.

1 Like

Thank you Ingo.
My english is far from perfect :sunglasses: (I just meant I can’t edit or simply view this images anymore. Bad enough!)
I hope you can find a solution or work around.
I really apreciate your help.

Javier.