Classic Rallying - Mini Eden Rally

Yesterday I was at the Mini Eden Rally - I was actually there primarily as assistant service crew (or something like that!) so only spent about half an hour near the end spectating. Weather was very hot… :sweat_smile: :sweat: I kind of like this shot because the silhouette of the driver adds a little something to an otherwise “ok” shot, but the composition bothers me a bit.
This is Peter Thompson and Ken Hind in a Toyota Celica (sorry not sure on year…) Edit: and they finished in 10th place. :+1:

I’d love to see your take on it!

I didn’t spend much time on processing - not much more than applying a style and quick tweaks to exposure and contrast.

DSC_3627.NEF (22.7 MB)
DSC_3627.NEF.xmp (8.3 KB)

These files are licensed Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International(Creative Commons — Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International — CC BY-NC-SA 4.0).

5 Likes

DSC_3627.NEF.xmp (14.8 KB)

1 Like

This is a really nice shot to work with. Thanks!

dt 4.2.1

DSC_3627.NEF.xmp (6.7 KB)

2 Likes

My version…

DSC_3627.NEF.xmp (17.6 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks for posting
darktable 4.2

DSC_3627_01.NEF.xmp (19.3 KB)

2 Likes

Feel like this could almost be one of those slightly garish covers belonging to a paperback adveture story from the 50s or 60s… is it just me? :face_with_peeking_eye:

I know the framing is weird but for me it almost works!

3 Likes

Or maybe like this…

6 Likes

Another pass…this time in the opposite direction. :checkered_flag:

DSC_3627_01.NEF.xmp (37.5 KB)

I had to clean the desktop after editing this photo…it got dirty with dust and gravel :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

My try. Thanks for sharing this nice shot.

DSC_1664.NEF.xmp (7.4 KB)

2 Likes

DSC_3627.NEF.xmp (11.3 KB)

DT 4.2

2 Likes

Oy! You can’t do that…:sweat_smile: He’ll loose time!
Seriously though, nice version.

Ha! I’ve been covered in dust quite often taking this kind of photo - one reason why I’m glad my D7100 and lens is more or less weather sealed. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks everyone for taking to time to do the edits - great ones at that!

4 Likes

My fun with GIMP

2 Likes

DSC_3627.NEF.xmp (8.5 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for this play raw! My version in vintage look with some emphasis on the crew.

DSC_3627_01.NEF.xmp (13.2 KB)

2 Likes

@Zbyma72age, @anon42681393 & @Thomas_Do Thanks for your edits! All different and all very good. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face: