compile error "-- Package 'lensfun', not found

I have been regularly compiling branch “dev” using the “manual way” from RawPedia in Fedora (F26 most recently). Poking around I’ve not yet found the solution to this error:

– Checking for module ‘lensfun>=0.2’
– Package ‘lensfun’, required by ‘virtual:world’, not found

Is there a better branch to use at this point?

Don

I just merged in support for lensfun today. The RawPedia instructions will be updated shortly (see Update RawPedia with lensfun info · Issue #4074 · Beep6581/RawTherapee · GitHub).

Anyway, you can just install lensfun-devel and it should work (I’m not a Fedora user, but I got the info from the Darktable installation page)

Compiled fine here on Manjaro Linux.
Great job @agriggio!

Thanks Alberto. In looking up what lensfun was/did I didn’t think to look in the Fedora 26 repo for it. Compile completed fine with the -devel file installed.

Don

The compile failed on Ubuntu 16.04LTS.

The compiling error is as follows

RawTherapee/rtengine/rtlensfun.cc: In static member function ‘static bool rtengine::LFDatabase::init(const Glib::ustring&)’:
RawTherapee/rtengine/rtlensfun.cc:270:92: error: ‘struct lfDatabase’ has no member named ‘LoadDirectory’
bool ok = dbdir.empty() ? (instance_.data_->Load() == LF_NO_ERROR) : instance_.data_->LoadDirectory(dbdir.c_str());

I added this ppa and installed lensfun lib (xubuntu 16.04.3 LTS)
https://launchpad.net/~validom/+archive/ubuntu/ppa
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:validom/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install lensfun*

But be careful!
Do it at your own risk!

Try to avoid version conflict - gimp, darktable etc

it shouldn’t be necessary anymore. now RT should build fine with the stock lensfun of Ubuntu 16.04 (0.2.something)

great news! :slight_smile:
Thanks