Compiling nightly on macOS

Maybe there is a thread-safety issue in the current version or an openmp issue with your compiler? I’ve seen some occasional hangs when there is a lot of I/O involved, but it was on a slow computer and in your case preprocessing is going fine.
@rbarbera: Can you try with another compiler, maybe with the stable version if it’s not already the case?
Thank you

Now the latest master commit are not buildable. One macro is undefined

io/conversion.c:61:22: error: function-like macro 'LIBRAW_MAKE_VERSION' is not defined
#if LIBRAW_VERSION > LIBRAW_MAKE_VERSION(0, 19, 5)
                     ^
1 error generated.

It is on my machine and on the pipelines too.
Strange.

I can not find it

➜ grep -r LIBRAW_MAKE_VERSION *
src/io/image_formats_libraries.c:#if LIBRAW_VERSION < LIBRAW_MAKE_VERSION(0, 18, 0)
src/io/conversion.c:#if LIBRAW_VERSION > LIBRAW_MAKE_VERSION(0, 19, 5)
➜

And the most recent commits are

073f7fa7 (HEAD -> master, origin/master) Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master'
23141b7c (upstream/master) Add cr3 depending of libraw version
99426c91 Fix the librtprocess build
54295bf6 Librtprocess has been released to 0.11.0
e5bad495 Minor changes in UI
f9818e4f Add new enum for error return of image opening
b47fd034 Forgot shortcuts UI

those are (obviously) the same that I can see on GitLab. Where do you have defined this macro?

this is in libraw_version.h.
An include file from the lib. But maybe you did not install libraw?

Meanwhile I’ve gone to HEAD~3 (to commit e5bad495) and was able to compile without the latest librcprocess changes. I’ve tried three compilers (all official releases): Xcode 10.3, Xcode 11.3.1 and Xcode 11.4. None of them worked, the process always hangs when I use more that one core. The version compiled with Xcode 11.4 crashed one. I’ve attached the error trace. Perhaps there are some valid information there

siri report.txt (3.3 KB)

It could be something related to homebrew. I don’t know. App compiled without homebrew has no issue on my side.

I’ve used homebrew now to install libraw (perhaps a check in autogen.sh could be added). Now the app doesn’t compiles with Xcode 11.4 or Xcode 11.3.1 (the two more recent releases from Apple).

output-xcode11.4.txt (325.6 KB)

It only compiles with Xcode 10.3 (that’s more than a year old and doesn’t have support for the macOS SDK 10.15)

Anyway, the version compiled with Xcode 10.3 and including libraw and the most up to date code, keeps hanging when used with more that 1 core :slight_smile:

About the homebrew interferece: I’m using homebrew to install dependencies because is the only documented way :slight_smile:. Are there any other script to install all the dependencies to build? I’ll be very happy to use it.

By the way, please take all this messages as a collaboration intent, not as a criticism. I’m more than happy with the work you are doing with SiriL, it’s a wonderful tool with a powerful and collaborative community behind. I only want to help (if I can) on building and test on the macOS platform.

Regards

A check exists in the configure step.

These is one, the one I used but not documented and really fragile. This method uses jhbuild and need to be on a machine that does not have homebrew.

No problem.

In my last commits I should have fixed the issue you had with compilation.

Thanks!

1 Like

It would be great if more Mac users could test this version too, just to report crashes and logs. Not with delevoper skills fo course, but testing with real data. Maybe we could help you out to find bugs etc. Is there an “easy” way to participate and install it?

Not really. This version changes every day, sometimes every hour.
The only way is to compile it.

1 Like

Thanks!
Then I think I might have to learn how to compile it if I want to take a closer look :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Euripides if you decide to compile your own version, consider that what you will build will not be exactly the same version that @lock042 will produce. He is using a custom script that’s not public and it’s tailored to its own machine.

To compile the app you will need to install a bunch of dependencies, and the recommended procedure, using homebrew, is not the same that @lock042 will use. The result is that some libraries (mainly GTK) are not the same.

This could make appear some bugs. For example, when I compile the master branch of SiriL on my machine, it will hang when used with more that 1 core, but the version that Cyril is generating from the same sources works nicely on my machine using all the cores.

Anyway, if you want to start to produce you own builds, this is the dependencies that currently I need to install before a successful compilation of SiriL

brew install autoconf automake libtool intltool
brew install gettext exiv2 gtk+3 fftw gsl gtk-mac-integration
brew install cfitsio libconfig opencv libraw
brew link gettext --force
brew install adwaita-icon-theme

Good luck!