Complementary colors. A naked child holds a book for a bishop

2 Likes

darktable 4.20

_1010835.RW2.xmp (7,8 Ko)

1 Like

This is something new.
Since I frequent this site I have seen that the general trend is to exacerbate tonal contrast, saturation, sharpness. As if everyone was chasing the drama of the scene.

Your interpretation is very delicate (on tiptoe), but at the same time it has a strong character that stands out for the originality of its point of view. I like it very much, it is very harmonious.

I love the soft palette you adopted, it reflects my inside memory of the scene at the time when I took the photo.

I have to study your XMP file. You did a great job.

I think it is not a child, but an angel whose wings have broken off.

1 Like

Yes, you are right.

@arturoisilvia Could you please clarify how you made that change of the sky – which is not visible when I open the image in dt with your xmp-file?

(I see that the first watermark instance refers to a Nubes1.svg file that I don’t have and, hence, that could be the explanation. On the other hand I don’t have the simple-text.svg files that the next two instances refers to either, but these texts are displayed. Obviously something I have to learn more about here. – or couldn’t watermark with masks be used at all to achieve this change of sky, and you did it totally outside of dt?)

(With DeepL):
Everything is explained in the manual:
https://docs.darktable.org/usermanual/4.2/es/module-reference/processing-modules/watermark/

For the case of watermark 1 and watermark 2 it is easy: having chosen simple-text (svg) you can write text in the text field and according to the manual up to a maximum of 63 characters.

For the cloud watermark case, you have to have some cloud image in principle is jpg. Then the manual says that with inkscape you can design them and convert them to svg.

Once you have the svg file you have, following the manual:
User-designed watermarks should be placed into the directory $HOME/.config/darktable/watermarks. Once in place, use the reload button update the list of available watermarks.
In the case of windows, the folder is:
C:\Program Files\darktable\share\darktable\watermarks

And there you have it. You have to put your cloud svg file instead of “Nubes1.svg”.

Cheers!

------spanish----------------------------------------
Todo está explicado en el manual:
https://docs.darktable.org/usermanual/4.2/es/module-reference/processing-modules/watermark/

Para el caso de marca de agua 1 y marca de agua 2 es fácil: habiendo elegido simple-text (svg) puedes escribir texto en el campo texto y según el manual hasta un máximo de 63 carácteres.

Para el caso de la marca de agua de la nube, tienes que tener alguna imagen de nubes en principio es jpg. Entonces el manual dice que con inkscape puedes diseñarlas y convertirlas en svg.

Una vez tienes el archivo svg tienes, siguiendo el manual:

Las marcas de agua diseñadas por el usuario deben colocarse en el directorio $HOME/.config/darktable/watermarks. Una vez en su lugar, use el botón de recarga para actualizar la lista de marcas de agua disponibles.
En el caso de windows, la carpeta es:
C:\Program Files\darktable\share\darktable\watermarks

Y ya lo tienes. Tienes que poner tu archivo svg de nubes en lugar de “Nubes1.svg”

Saludos!

Gracias!

(Don’t know how to get that upside down exclamation mark in front.)