'Could not export' error

Hi,
Darktable is super and I use it for already some years. However, for some moths on, I get the error “Could not export to file” plus the location. It’s happening on Mac and Linux (ubuntu 18), and on a variety of locations. Well, everywhere. I cannot export anything anymore.

• I upgraded to 3.0.2 on MACOSX High Sierra
  • I checked the forum and found tips, so I have:
  • deleted the database in .local
  • chmodded the directory to 755

Nothing works. Has anyone else encoutered this problem, and found a solution? Any help will be greatly apprieciated.

-Bobski

one more thing: on export, the folder “darktable_exported” is created, as always. And, I’ve tried different export formats and sizes but all give the error…

Have you tried starting darktable from the terminal?

This might give you a better description, in the terminal, of what goes wrong. could not export is rather vague.

Hi,
Thanks for this! Yes it gives me more:

[rawspeed] (DSC00229.ARW) bool rawspeed::RawDecoder::checkCameraSupported(const rawspeed::CameraMetaData*, const string&, const string&, const string&), line 166: Camera ‘SONY’ ‘NEX-00’, mode ‘’ not supported, and not allowed to guess. Sorry.
[temperature] failed to read camera white balance information from `DSC00229.ARW’!
allocation failed???
[imageio_storage_disk] could not export to file: [path-to-file]

In the image information i see:
Camera: NEX 00

While it was always NEX-07
If I open a picture in gThumb, camera model metadata is shown correctly as NEX-07.

I’ve opened another filmroll and all was ok.
I opened the former again and it is also ok. I don’t understand.

It seems Darktable has trouble reading the metadata?

Not sure why you got this hick-up.

This Sony NEX 7 is an older model (2011) camera that is supported in darktable. I just tested loading, quick edit and saving a RAW from this model with darktable versions 3.0.1, 3.0.2 and 3.1.0 and did not have any problems.

darktable does occasionally have its moods. A restart and/or (manually) removing the xmp does solve most of these though.

Anyway, glad to see that your issue seems to be fixed.