Crash quoting filename with single or double quote

I have a space in one of the directories in my path to my NAS where I do my processing. If I enter the following command directly into the console, Siril (1.0.1) crashes (Siril window goes away and process is no longer there). I’m running on MacOS 12.3.1 (note the space in ‘My Pictures’):

preprocess flat -bias=’/NAS/Pictures/My Pictures/2022MasterCalibrationFrames/master_bias.fit’

or

preprocess flat -bias="/NAS/Pictures/My Pictures/2022MasterCalibrationFrames/master_bias.fit"

This also happened on 1.0.0 of Siril. I don’t remember if it happened in the betas. I can certainly drive around the problem using relative paths since the cd command lets me use single quotes to specify a path with spaces, but it would be nice if the path command options allowed for spaces in the path name.

I’ve also tried using the backslash () to escape the space and that didn’t work - didn’t crash, but the preprocess command didn’t recognize that as a filename.

Any suggestions are appreciated - like I said, I have a workaround using relative paths, but I’d be nice to be able to specify a full pathname.

Thanks

Hello, thank you for the report, we’ll have to check what’s happening. The backslash escape is not implemented, only single or double quotes. Maybe you can try putting the quote all around the option like ‘-bias=path’?

Thanks. I’ll give that a try in just a minute and report back.

Quoting the whole option like you suggested - i.e. preprocess flat '-bias=/NAS/Pictures/My Pictures/2022MasterCalibrationFrames/master_bias.fit’ - worked. Thanks for the tip.

and thanks for reporting the crash, fix is ready for next release :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for getting that fixed so quickly! I’ll be sure and upgrade to 1.0.2 whenever it’s released.

2 Likes