Crash when choosing a new appearance theme

The last several 1.7.x builds have been rock solid on my computer unless I change the Appearance Theme from RawTherapee to TooWaBlue. After doing so, almost any action such as zooming or panning will cause an immediate crash.

Now running the latest build ART_master_1.7.1-3-gd4901d8c0_W64_Skylake_201228.

Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2, OS build 19042.685, 32 G ram.

Thanks for the feedback. I should probably just drop the extra themes, I have neither the knowledge nor the energy to maintain them, and it’s better to have no choice than a lot of broken ones…

@fasteddie

I am not able to reproduce here. I use towagrey-average surround without problem.

@agriggio
please try to not drop for the moment towagrey-average surround as I use it.
But I understand that the work to maintain themes could lead yo to drop some of them.

ART: 1.7.1 appimage.

I just tried them all and absolutely no problem. It must be a local problem from the OP.

Please do not drop them. I use “TooWaGrey - average surround”.

Thanks you

Fair enough – I have no problems in keeping the current themes, but I’m saying I’m not going to maintain them. I’ll try to make sure that they keep working, but I cannot guarantee that. I will be always happy to accept patches though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, I’ll check to see if there are new NVidia display drivers available; maybe an issue there?

Yup, new video driver fixed it. The previous (buggy) driver was only 6 weeks old!

2 Likes