darktable 2.4.4 released

we’re proud to announce the fourth bugfix release for the 2.4 series of darktable, 2.4.4!

the github release is here: https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/releases/tag/release-2.4.4.

as always, please don’t use the autogenerated tarball provided by github, but only our tar.xz. the checksums are:

$ sha256sum darktable-2.4.4.tar.xz
964320b8c9ffef680fa0407a6ca16ed5136ad1f449572876e262764e78acb04d darktable-2.4.4.tar.xz
$ sha256sum darktable-2.4.4.dmg
??? darktable-2.4.4.dmg
$ sha256sum darktable-2.4.4-win64.exe
3763d681de4faa515049daf3dae62ee21812e8c6c206ea7a246a36c0341eca8c darktable-2.4.4-win64.exe
$ sha256sum darktable-2.4.4-win64.zip
5dba3423b0889c69f723e378564e084878b20baf3996c349bfc9736bed815067 darktable-2.4.4-win64.zip

when updating from the currently stable 2.2.x series, please bear in mind that your edits will be preserved during this process, but it will not be possible to downgrade from 2.4 to 2.2.x any more.

Important note: to make sure that darktable can keep on supporting the raw file format for your camera, please read this post on how/what raw samples you can contribute to ensure that we have the full raw sample set for your camera under CC0 license!

and the changelog as compared to 2.4.3 can be found below.

New Features

• Added 50% zoom option in darkroom mode to the navigation dropdown
  • perspective correction: usability improvement – allow setting the radius when (de)selecting lines

Bugfixes

• Fix selecting drives in the import dialog on Windows by bundling a patched glib
  • Add some space between checkbox and label in color picker
  • OpenCL: better readability of debug output on memory usage
  • Levels: catch an edge case where float != int
  • Fix the alignment in a tooltip in lens correction
  • Local contrast: Reset strength slider to 120% when double clicked
  • Drop unused clone masks when loading xmp files
  • Remove all sub masks when clearing cloning masks
  • darktable-cltest: do not print summary statistics on OpenCL usage
  • Perspective correction: take aspect parameter into account when judging on neutral settings
  • Haze removal: fix tiled processing
  • Fix install on Windows due to GraphicsMagick’s versioned filenames
  • PPM: Handle byte order when loading files
  • Fix #12165: Don’t try to show dialog without gui
  • Fix an out-of-bounds memory access
  • Tools: Fix typo in darktable-gen-noiseprofile that made it unusable
  • MacOS package: point gettext to correct localedir

Camera support, compared to 2.4.2

Warning: support for Nikon NEF ‘lossy after split’ raws was unintentionally broken due to the lack of such samples. Please see this post for more details. If you have affected raws, please contribute samples!

White Balance Presets

Noise Profiles

• Canon EOS 800D
  • Canon EOS Kiss X9i
  • Canon EOS Rebel T7i
  • Nikon COOLPIX B700
  • Nikon D5600
  • Olympus TG-5

Updated translations

Share this on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.darktable.org/2018/06/darktable-244-released/
9 Likes

Thanks and @houz you can close bug #12189, it is fixed with this release:
16 bit PPM files look like pure noise
https://redmine.darktable.org/issues/12189

1 Like

Good news! Congratulations to all participants. One question: is Flickr export tool was fixed in this release? Or it is a plan to do it in future?

Big thanks!! Now importing folders works on Windows.

Nothing changed in that regard. I don’t know how much work it’d be to fix it, but I guess it takes an actual user of that feature to write the fix.

Hi I’ve tried installing darktable on two machines running both Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04 but there appears to be no print module. Is this a bug or has this been removed?

Print module comes up fine in my darktable 2.4.4 on kubuntu 18.04.

Could there be dependencies unmet?

@Simon
No problems here either using dt 2.4.4. The print
module exists on Ubuntu Studio 18.04, Xubuntu 18.04
as well as Mint 19 in Cinnamon flavour
(which is based on 'buntu Bionic).

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

It should be there. Do you see any error messages when starting darktable from a terminal?

Problem seems to be with the default snap in Ubuntu 18.04. i install 2.4.4 from the developer PPA and its working now!

Thanks for your replies

1 Like

unfortunly I have a lot of trouble running it on mij 2017 macbook (12 ")
it doesn’t fit on the screen, hangs on startup, doen’t respond on changes.

on my x64 win10 I have absolutely no problem

Is there a print module for Windows yet?

Excuse my ignorance - just upgraded to Mint 18.3, installed Darktable and though I had a bit of experience in previous Mint, I’m a newb…

Are previous versions of the manual available somewhere? I see that the 2.6 manual is there, but if I’m working with 2.4.4 it might be nice to refer to that manual (if it exists).

I’ve searched the webs and the manual to try and find out what this new feature in 2.4.4 actually is without success - “Added 50% zoom option in darkroom mode to the navigation dropdown”

Sounds handy - I’ve looked around the 2.4.4 UI but can’t see it - can anyone clarify?

Many thanks

this might be 2.6.0 only … you can check which ubuntu release matches your mint release and grab the package for 2.6.2 from here

thanks darix - Mint 18.3 has Xenial as base and pretty sure dt 2.4.4 is the current version for that release - at least via the PPA which is what I’m using…

yeah the packages there will give you 2.6.2

they are also referenced from here install | darktable

Mint ships flatpaks by default and darktable is on flathub.

I saw that but was put off by the lack of information - no version info, nothing but an install button. Call me over cautious but I don’t see myself ever downloading and running something that vaguely labelled.
https://flathub.org/apps/details/org.darktable.Darktable

…ok I see that I can click through to the github repo for details, so that’s cool - I may try that Flatpak version.

However, I’m still really keen to get the inside info on the 2.4.4 feature - “Added 50% zoom option in darkroom mode to the navigation dropdown”

If it’s what it sounds like, that’d be handy but still haven’t been able to find any reference or shortcut.

Love to hear from someone who could enlighten.

Next to the image preview in the darkroom mode, there is a box with a drop down. You should be able to choose 50% from that combo box, as well as many other zoom levels.