darktable 2.6.1 released

we’re proud to announce the first bugfix release for the 2.6 series of darktable, 2.6.1!

the github release is here: https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/releases/tag/release-2.6.1.

as always, please don’t use the autogenerated tarball provided by github, but only our tar.xz. the checksums are:

$ sha256sum darktable-2.6.1.tar.xz
63c53332eecff946e41c1b6551d51bc0a2515572532f470b7b570b60805c3026 darktable-2.6.1.tar.xz
$ sha256sum darktable-2.6.1.dmg
dec8ebd36b9747a84ffad119ca1fa92a197297dc7d54e9a03035da99a76f66e8 darktable-2.6.1.dmg
$ sha256sum darktable-2.6.1-win64.exe
c0b31a3ac4f02151f4fc0ee4e8e39dc1e5c8ef409b2f23eee440affba9cd73f6 darktable-2.6.1-win64.exe

when updating from the currently stable 2.6.x series, please bear in mind that your edits will be preserved during this process, but it will not be possible to downgrade from 2.6 to 2.4.x any more.

Important note: to make sure that darktable can keep on supporting the raw file format for your camera, please read this post on how/what raw samples you can contribute to ensure that we have the full raw sample set for your camera under CC0 license!

and the changelog as compared to 2.6.0 can be found below.

New Features

• export module to piwigo
  • color balance enhancements
  • color contrast enhancements
  • filmic enhancements (better auto-tuner)
  • add contextual help for filmic module
  • middle-click can be used to open the presets menu (this is consistent with the fact that middle-click can be used to create a new instance from a preset)
  • again, better CSS customization for lighttable, filmstrip and duplicates module
  • presets can now be imported/exported
  • all zoom levels can now be reached with a ctrl-scroll
  • the slideshow view will adjust automatically when darktable window is resized
  • add support for tiff CIELAB/ICCLAB 8/16 bits
  • add hierarchical view for styles (separated with |)
  • forms opacity is displayed in hint messages
  • add a color picker in the watermark module

Bugfixes

• fix collect module filters
  • fix retouch module, mask areas are properly taking into account the source and destination
  • fix navigation from darkroom when groups are present and collapsed
  • fix a rare issue where masks could “jump” to some random location
  • keep reference point (mouse position) when zooming above 200%
  • title and description filters are now properly working
  • minor UI fixes to gain some spaces in darktable modules
  • fix masks detection over the mouse in some complex cases

Changed Dependencies

None.

Camera support, compared to 2.6.0

Base Support

• DSC-RX100M6
  • Phase One P30 (fixed)
  • Olympus OM-D E-M10 (enhanced)
  • Nikon D7500 (enhanced)

White Balance Presets

Noise Profiles

Translations

• Catalan
  • Czech
  • Dutch
  • Finnish
  • French
  • German
  • Norwegian bokmål
  • Polish
  • Russian
  • Slovenian
  • Spanish

Share this on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.darktable.org/2019/03/darktable-261-released/
10 Likes

Excellent! I really like incremental releases, instead of one big each Christmas :slight_smile: Nice to have presets for filmic! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you like this :slight_smile:

1 Like

BTW, the download Link for Windows is pointing to the older version: install | darktable

Try this…
https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/releases/download/release-2.6.1/darktable-2.6.1-win64.exe

The download link on darktable.org is fixed.

2 Likes

Very good work in the filmic!
But guys, there are any changes in the “input color profils”? My all presets and prev work are swiched to standard color matrix!

I’m getting the weird gamma shift again.
When switching from LT to DT I can see the image going from a darker overall value to a brighter version. The brighter version is what, in the last edit I did, the image is supposed to look like. So, apparently, at some point the amount of brightness I see in the image I’m editing does not correspond to the real value DT stores.
It would be fine if when I export it the brightness would be consistent with the edit, but the image is actually darker.
I might need to submit a bug on github but I was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.

Hello, can I ask someone how it looks with Czech in darktable? I have installed openSUSE Leap 15.0 and darktable 2.6.1. The translation says it is Czech. When I download the file darktable-2.6.1.tar.xz there is no Czech language. So how is it? I’m sorry, I can not speak English, and I use Google to translate. Otherwise, the darktable program is excellent, thank you!

Ahoj, Josef!
I am using dt 2.7, but I believe it is almost the same in your version.
Have you checked in the settings file? It is there that you set the language.

Have fun!
Claes ve Lund, Švédsku

Thank you for the answer, but I really do not have the Czech language there. I miss the file. I’ll have to look elsewhere if it’s in Suse Leap 15 or I’m wrong installing it. But I’m glad the translation really is. Somehow I’ll put it together :slight_smile: Thank you very much for the effort. Darktable is great, it’s a bit difficult for me to learn English :slight_smile: Nice day.

Ahoj!

Hm… Start darktable.
Click at the darktable logo (upper left corner).
Version number?

/Claes

Hi Josef,

I do not know, how you have to do in SuSE, but in my Gentoo I had to make sure, the respectively L10n-Files will be installed. after that my package management tells me something like this:

media-gfx/darktable
Verfügbare Versionen: (~)1.6.9[1] (~)2.2.0_rc0[1] (~)2.2.0_rc1[1] (~)2.2.0_rc3[1] (~)2.2.4[1] 2.2.5 2.4.3 (~)2.4.4 (~)2.6.0 (~)2.6.1 **9999 {colord cups doc flickr geo geolocation gnome-keyring gphoto2 graphicsmagick jpeg2k kde kwallet libsecret linguas_ca linguas_cs linguas_da linguas_de linguas_el linguas_es linguas_fr linguas_it linguas_ja linguas_nl linguas_pl linguas_pt_BR linguas_pt_PT linguas_ru linguas_sq linguas_sv linguas_uk nls opencl openexr openmp pax_kernel +rawspeed +slideshow +squish web-services webp CPU_FLAGS_X86=“sse3” L10N=“af ca cs da de el es fi fr gl he hu it ja nb nl pl pt-BR pt-PT ro ru sk sl sq sv th uk zh-CN”}
Installierte Versionen: 2.6.1(20:36:31 07.03.2019)(cups gphoto2 jpeg2k kwallet nls opencl openexr openmp webp -colord -doc -flickr -geolocation -gnome-keyring -graphicsmagick -pax_kernel CPU_FLAGS_X86=“sse3” L10N=“de -ca -es -fi -fr -hu -ja -nb -nl -pl -pt-BR -ru -sl”)
Startseite: https://www.darktable.org/
Beschreibung: A virtual lighttable and darkroom for photographersstrong text

In my Gentoo I handle it in a basic setup-file which sure you don’t have, just hope, it gives you a hint, where to look after…
Mine is /etc/portartage/make.conf and it contains a line like this:
LINGUAS=“de zh_CN fr zh_TW en_GB”

Without this I couldn’t make it speak German, but with, yes…

I hope, this is reasonably enough inspiration for you, to figure out :slight_smile:

Cheers
Axel

Thank you for your report. It really seems the translation file for the czech language is missing in the 2.6.1 tarball. only files which are in the tarball are ca.po de.po es.po fi.po fr.po hu.po ja.po nb.po nl.po pl.po pt_BR.po ru.po sl.po. Seems to be the same for the 2.6.0 branch.

Ping @Pascal_Obry @houz

I am pretty sure you would be unable to have 2.6.1 in his language as well.

only master (aka 2.7.x) has it.

I just showed the principle way, but yes, switching to “git master” might be the next step to do

@PepaS:
Check this out:

And be aware to have a look to the mailinglist!

As much as I, as a power user, like to use git master. it is not for everyone. we should clarify why the czech language was added to the release notes but missing in the tarball and then roll 2.6.2 quickly with the missing languages + the fix for broken presets.

1 Like

It is not in the dt 2.6 branch. My mistake! Don’t know what has happened has I have it on my TODO list. I missed probably a “git add” in my commit as this was new in dt 2.6. Will be in 2.6.2 as I’ll merge this now. Sorry again.

1 Like

If I understand that well, will the Czech version 2.6.2 be? Otherwise, thank you for your willingness to help :-).
Josef, Czech Republic

What I mean is that the Czech translation will be available in darktable 2.6.2 when it is released.