darktable 2.6.2 released

we’re proud to announce the second bugfix release for the 2.6 series of darktable, 2.6.2!

the github release is here: https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/releases/tag/release-2.6.2.

as always, please don’t use the autogenerated tarball provided by github, but only our tar.xz. the checksums are:

$ sha256sum darktable-2.6.2.tar.xz
9cb9efbb09a40375ff05cef89343235a621c58339539e44985470a029a7ffb45 darktable-2.6.2.tar.xz
$ sha256sum darktable-2.6.2.dmg
8cd945744e56a85c35f982a96be42332a57dc383ec228fcc1d21eb57c068f27c darktable-2.6.2.dmg
$ sha256sum darktable-2.6.2-win64.exe
??? darktable-2.6.2-win64.exe (to be announced later)

when updating from the currently stable 2.6.x series, please bear in mind that your edits will be preserved during this process, but it will not be possible to downgrade from 2.6 to 2.4.x any more.

Important note: to make sure that darktable can keep on supporting the raw file format for your camera, please read this post on how/what raw samples you can contribute to ensure that we have the full raw sample set for your camera under CC0 license!

and the changelog as compared to 2.6.1 can be found below.

New Features

• Update colorbalance french translation

Bugfixes

• Fix SSE bug in filmic introduced in #2025
  • Fix issue when looking for input color profile (backward compatibility)
  • Add missing Czech translation file
  • Fix possible halo issue in local contrast module.
  • Fix contextual help link to point to new HTML manual for 2.6 series.

Changed Dependencies

Camera support, compared to 2.6.1

Base Support

• DSC-RX100M6
  • Phase One P30 (fixed)
  • Olympus OM-D E-M10 (enhanced)
  • Nikon D7500 (enhanced)

White Balance Presets

Noise Profiles

Translations

• Catalan
  • Czech
  • Dutch
  • Finnish
  • French
  • German
  • Norwegian bokmål
  • Polish
  • Russian
  • Slovenian
  • Spanish

Share this on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.darktable.org/2019/03/darktable-262-released/
7 Likes

The Windows version is now available. Thanks to Peter for the build.

2 Likes

Great news!

Hopefully HDR merge will be updated in the future.
If you shoot a picture handheld, it won’t merge the right way, it’s terrible.

That’s not the place to report issues, especially if you expect it to be fixed at some point :slight_smile:

So when you shoot handheld the images aren’t aligned properly anymore which causes weird results when merging them. Someone could try to develop this functionality for darktable or you could simply use another tool to do the job like Hugin :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
I am attempting to get Darktable to work on Mint 19.2 and the versions available to me do not work. (2.4 and a Flatpack version). I have downloaded the 2.6.2 tarball but am very nervous of attempting the install. Could someone please point me to some install help? Will there ever be a .deb version?

You can find all the installation stuff here: install | darktable

I’m running the flatpak on several different machines andim curious as to what the error message is with the flatpak. Can you run it from the terminal? flatpak run org.darktable.Darktable

Hi,

Well, for Ubuntu and derivatives (e.g. Mint) you can use Personal Package Archive. It extends standard repository. In this case - it’s Darktable. To activate such PPA you can use GUI (Sources from System Settings) or just terminal - copy line by line:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:pmjdebruijn/darktable-release
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install darktable

Brilliant. Thank you very much.I knew there had to be a valid ppa somewhere, but couldn’t find it…

Thanks