Darktable 2.7 (dev) Windows builds

I would like to test version 2.7 but updating the database does not work. Do you have a solution ?

How does updating the database fail? Do you have some log or screenahot?

Hello and thank you . after my update dt a window opens and asks me to update my library, i validate but nothing happens.
where is the log file.

Your screenshot is too small to read the text in the dialog.

Logs are here:
Windows 10: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\darktable\darktable-log.txt

Windows 7: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\darktable\darktable-log.txt

Here is my darktable.log file and the visual
Thankdarktable-log.txt (1.2 KB) Sans%20titre

New build darktable-2.7.0+2162~g60067f3d9-win64 has been just added.

7 Likes

Thank you for the new build!

Thank you

thank you so much r3cov3r!

Thanks chaps

Hi,
I’m new around here.

I published this issue #3306 and it seems that can not reproduce in Linux, can you try it in windows?

Thanks a lot.

@git Welcome to the forum!

I don’t know if you guys already seen this bug, but you can’t compress the history stack anymore. It immediately jumps back to the active module. It’s very weird. A video about darktable 3.0 will be posted on my channel tomorrow that demonstrates what I mean.

@Rico Select at gamma or orientation and see if that works…you will still have a few modules showing…not like 2.6 implicit module now show in the history but I think there are likely still to be some tweaking to it…I have noticed strange and varied behaviour base on the age of the legacy edit that I have pulled in to re-edit…new edits should be relatively clean as far as I know but some legacy edit combinations have likely not yet been tested and may respond in an unexpected way when processed by the new code to handle all the changes…

Hello
I encounter 2 problems with the 3.0 windows version

• I can not create Styles or even import my old Styles
  • OpenCl is no longer available worked fine with version 2.6.3

My sytem
Intel i7 3.10 GHz 16.0 Go
radon RX Vega M GL Graphics

Can you run “c:\Program Files\darktable\bin\darktable-cltest.exe” and share the output?

Hello
here is the file darktable rc 3.0.0
Dartable cltest.txt (2.5 KB)
Thank you

It seem to me this error is a consequence of additional OpenCL optimization which has been introduced in 3.0rc0, but since then they have been removed. See darktable/opencl.c at master · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

Could you please test it with the rc1?

Hello
OpelCl works well with version 3.0.rc1
Thanks to the team dt.

just restart dt and OpenCl is no longer available (I only touched as parrameter just close and reopen dt)
in attachment the new filecltest 3.0.rc1.txt (2.3 KB)