Darktable 4.2.1 removes random files in place of needed ones

You might spend some time to read Images to Act On - How Should It Work? · Issue #6025 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub
the ‚act on‘ behaviour has been discussed for a long time, so discussions are quite useless if just repeating known arguments unless there’s someone biting the bullet and implement a convincing alternative with the risk it’s not accepted instantly (see sigmoid)… You can’t expect voluntary developers to implement stuff they are disagreeing.
But since that stuff is quite affecting a whole bunch of functions it’s not a trivial job :wink:

1 Like

Maybe I’m missing something here, but that discussion (a good one!) is years old and doesn’t seem to result in recent code changes? (Scrolling from bottom up it seems to talk about PR(s) that are still open and need to be reviewed, so I assume nothing is in master yet?).

While the issue of this thread (and I believe I’ve read small comments in other threads about something similar) seems to indicate that this never was an issue for people and now suddenly is, as if something has changed.

Or could it be a ‘mode’ that someone turned on by accident or something?