Darktable-Chart Not getting consistent results

My first request is to include the .cht and .cie files for most popular color targets like X-rite CC24, passport, SG, it8 etc. which dark table-chart recognise !

I am trying to create style by shooting the x-rite passport in different lights and also different brands of flashes (vivitar 283, godox tt685) to get consistent results. I am matching with the actual values in a .cie file and not a jpg.

In the 3rd step when I press process it give me different values with each press of process button. Mostly the first press will give me both infinity delta errors the next press will give me some reasonable value but the style it creates is not proper.

I don’t know what is wrong the passport .cie file is not proper or something else is wrong.
Expert help needed!
TIA

Hi @Rajkhand,

I may be totally wrong, but…
From where did you obtain the “corresponding” .cie files?
Do they belong to the same generation as your actual colour targets?

But still, that would not explain why you get different values with each press of the process button…

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

I don’t remember now but the name is passportchekr.cie and at least the second step recognised it as a valid file. I had problem for using the files from argyl and decamprof as the format requires some sample_id word which is not there in the files from the two programs.

So a person who knows the “ how to use those files” can help the whole community

Do you have a genuine IT8 colour target?
If so, what ID does it show bottom right?

I have colorchecker passport

Version? It is printed just below the brown patch.

if you get an error “error with the IT8 file, can’t find the SAMPLE_ID column” rename SAMPLE_LOC to SAMPLE_ID in the .cie file

Following PIXLS.US - Profiling a camera with darktable-chart you can get these from ArgylCMS