darktable-cli: processing a folder

Hello, somehow I’m acting stupid and I always get an error message. I just want to use the darktable-cli to export a folder containing raw files - using a style xyz - to TIFF 16 bit.

The following is given:

• Windows 10
  • input-Folder is “abc”, containing several .RW2 files
  • use style “xyz”
  • output should be 16 bit TIFF in the same folder or an extra folder

No matter what I do, I always get:
Magick: caught exception 0xC0000005 "Access violation"...

Often i get some mismatched unicodes, maybe this is a problem with a german language setting?

Trying only one file in the same folder where i call the cli works. So, the files themselves should be ok.

Can you please give me this simple line?

What is the command line invocation you used?

You can generally check out the options here: darktable 4.2 user manual - darktable-cli

Hey, I’m getting the same error:
I invoke like this:

.\darktable-cli.exe "C:\Work\RawTesting\ShotTim\RAW" "C:\Work\RawTesting\ShotTim\DT_Test1"

This is the output:

notice: output location is a directory. assuming 'C:\Work\RawTesting\ShotTim\DT_Test1/$(FILE_NAME).jpg' output pattern

(darktable-cli.exe:22536): Gtk-WARNING **: 11:19:05.103: gtk_disable_setlocale() must be called before gtk_init()
Magick: caught exception 0xC0000005 "Access violation"...

I’m running this version:

.\darktable-cli.exe --version
this is darktable-cli 4.2.1

I’m on windows 11
Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621

Try adding the .jpg to the DT_Test1 per the error message.

This removes the notice and the Gtk-Warning.
The exception stays the same.

Darktable itself is working fine. I also tried it on a Win10 machine. No success.

Edit: It actually works if only select one file as input and one as output. It doesn’t work with directories.

Edit2: I downgraded my installation to 4.2. Still the same issue.

Since I read a lot about OpenCL support. I tried all off that., running with and without OpenCL. I also uninstalled the mentioned OpenCL compatibility software.

1 Like

Well here is a complete output generated by this command:

.\darktable-cli.exe "C:/Work/RawTesting/ShotTim/RAW/Aa_01_Hand.CR2" "C:/Work/RawTesting/ShotTim/DT_Test1/"  --verbose --core -d all

Thanks for the help

logFail.txt (316.2 KB)