Darktable - Collect Images - Folder structure messed up

Hi guys I hope someone could help me out on why the folder structure (under Collect Images - Folders) is messed up and how I can clean this up or reorganise it.

So my photos are stored on my local drive F:
The general structure is: F:\Foto\YYYY\YYYYMMDD_EVENTTITLE

When going into lighttable → collect images → folders the tree structure shows the correct subfolders, but for some reason also subfolders with YYYY/EventTitle
Example

F:
->Foto
–>2012
—>20120810_EventTitle

—>2018/20181014_Sam
—>2018/20181102_Blabla

I have to tried to remove these folders, but when deleting these 2018/… folders the structure closes and on reopening the folder isn’t removed and remains there.

I think this phenomenon first showed up when trying to import the entire YYYY level in 1 go.

I came from Lightroom and instead of importing each folder at the lowest level, I hoped to make it quicker in import the folder 1 level up

2020-01-05%2014_54_37-darktable

I’m running DT 3.0 on Windows 10, but this phenomenon has been showing up since 2.6

I kind of found the solution myself; let DT create a new database file (backupped the old) and reimported the F:\Foto folder

Now all folders and files are correctly structured in the lighttable collect images module

1 Like