Darktable Collections Windows - Possible bug or odd behavior

All,

I have some behavior in the lightable view when collecting images that may be a potential bug if I am interpreting the online manual correctly. I am running dt 2.4.4 on Win10. Below is the scenario, if anyone else can comment on this behavior please let me know. If it’s truly a bug I’ll submit something to redmine.

I have my photos arranged in numerous “Archive” folder named “Archive1”, “Archive2” all the way up to “Archive8”. I have also used the color label “Blue” to denote any photos I’d like to export across all 8 archives. I want to collect so that I get only the “Blue” images from all 8 archives. Here is a screenshot of what I set up:

This behavior however does the following logic:
A1 OR A2 OR A3 OR A4 OR A5 OR A6 OR A7 OR (A8 && BLUE)

I would have expected:
(A1 OR A2 OR A3 OR A4 OR A5 OR A6 OR A7 OR A8) && BLUE

Note the location of parenthesis. In the first example (the way DT is actually behaving) the blue filter only gets ANDed with the last A8 folder. However, the manual reads:

narrow down search

Adds a new rule which is combined with the previous rule(s) in a logical AND operation. An image is only part of the collection if it additionally fulfills the added rule.

Which makes me expect the behavior I describe where the Blue filter is ANDed with ALL prior rules that are ORed together.

I am aware that as a work around I can collect on all the folders as I have and then sort based on “Blue” but that work around may not work for all scenarios where “Collect” is intended to work.